Chapter 13 Rare warmth in the doomsday era

Start from the beginning

He has come to the third floor several times in a row.

On the way, he even said hello to a neighbor who was going downstairs.

The neighbor aunt heard the voice, but before she saw Lu Xuan's person, Lu Xuan's figure had already passed around her and came upstairs.

After dodging a few more times, Lu Xuan had already reached the eighth floor.

His family lives here.

And just when Lu Xuan took out the key to open the door, the door next door suddenly opened.

The sound of the door opening caught Lu Xuan's attention.

He turned his head and saw a gray-haired middle-aged woman walking out, as if she was about to take out the trash.

When she saw him, the middle-aged woman was very happy and said, "Little Lu, are you back? I heard that Ning'an District was attacked by a monster just now? Are you not injured?"

Before Lu Xuan could answer, he saw a seventeen or eighteen-year-old girl in her family, and stuck her head out to look out.

This girl lives in this civilian area and naturally dresses very plainly.

However, she had a pair of big smart eyes, and she was looking at Lu Xuan with a bit of concern in her eyes.

This neighbor's family is also one of the few people in the world who still care about him.

Feeling their care, Lu Xuan felt warm in his heart.

After all, in this apocalyptic era, it is really not easy to retain some warmth.

He hurriedly smiled and said, "I'm fine, Aunt Zhou, don't you think I'm back safe and sound now!"

Aunt Zhou looked at him up and down, and after confirming that he was indeed all right, she breathed a sigh of relief.

She said repeatedly: "It's fine, I'm terrified today!"

Aunt Zhou's daughter, Zhou Ling, hurried out of the house and asked, "Brother Xuan, have you eaten yet? If you haven't eaten, come to my house for dinner. My dad is cooking, and it will be ready soon!"

Lu Xuan hurriedly said, "No need, I can just get some food at home myself!"

"Why are you being polite to us!"

Zhou Ling said, grabbed Lu Xuan's hand, and walked home.

Aunt Zhou didn't have any problem with this, and said with a smile: "Yes, Xiao Lu, it's just about adding chopsticks, why are you being polite to us? If you're really upset, after a while, you'll help this girl in my family make up for it. Make up your homework?"

"That's it!" Lu Xuan readily agreed.

In fact, it wasn't the first time he went to Aunt Zhou's house to eat, and Zhou Ling often asked him to make up lessons.

Zhou Ling's father, Zhou Hai, heard the movement outside, and also came out of the kitchen. After saying hello to Lu Xuan, he resumed his work.

Zhou Ling said to Lu Xuan, "Brother Xuan, we will have to wait for dinner for a while. Please help me with my homework first!"

Lu Xuan nodded, then walked into Zhou Ling's room.

Because the Lu family is too small, there is only one room and one living room. Now the room is for Zhou Ling.

And Zhou Ling's parents can only sleep on the sofa bed in the living room.

Thinking of this, Lu Xuan was even more determined to pass the warrior certification as soon as possible.

Once he's certified as a senior fighter, he'll be treated extremely well.

Money, houses can be quickly owned!

If he is willing to join the military, his treatment can even be higher.

Of course, his obligation is to obey the organization's arrangements and participate in all kinds of life-and-death battles.

Lu Xuan felt that he went back and received his own house, so that Zhou Ling and his family could also move there.

Anyway, he is alone now, and he can't live in a single-family villa.

However, he didn't talk about it with Zhou Ling and the others for the time being. After all, he wasn't quite sure whether he could open nuclear weapons through the soldiers.

After Lu Xuan focused on tutoring Zhou Ling with his homework, Zhou Hai and his wife also prepared dinner.

Lu Xuan's family sat happily at the dining table to eat.

While eating, Lu Xuan asked Zhou Hai, "Uncle Zhou, how has your work been recently?"

Hearing this, Zhou Hai smiled wryly and shook his head, and said, "The work was fine, but today I heard that the foreman was attacked by a monster in Ning'an District and died. Our construction team is expected to be disbanded."

These words made Lu Xuan silent for a while.

This is the sadness of people living in this world, because no one knows when they will die in the attack of monsters.

But in order to survive, people have to go out and work hard.

What's more, monster attacks are often the same as today, suddenly opening a space crack somewhere in the human city, and then starting to attack.

Essentially, there are few real safe zones on Earth right now.

At the same time, this is one reason why everyone wants to be a warrior.

Only by becoming stronger can you protect yourself, and at the same time make the people around you safer and more secure!

Thinking of this, Lu Xuan suddenly moved in his heart and said, "I happen to have a friend who also works as a construction team at home. How about I ask her for a recommendation and see if Uncle Zhou can join her house's construction team?"