When she finished preparing she called for a taxi and headed out to the recording studio, she played a series of possibilities in her mind on how her reaction would be if she saw Rick, she could play it cool and pretend nothing happened, she imagined her gestures to make it even more believable or she can cling unto him. She gagged at the thought.

When she reached the office building, Jess started to be more perceptive of her surroundings, like a hawk attentively watching anyone who could potentially be prey. She's acting silly but she proceeded with caution anyway. She felt much at ease when she reached Alexander's office, and no Rick Reed came into play.

The meeting was brief, it was all about the single that was released in the songwriting contest, Alexander talked about legal rights and creative ownership of the song, but her mind was deserted. She just nodded pretending she understood what he was narrating, when it finally ended, Jess was ready to flee. She thanked Alexander and Sussie and bid them goodbye then without much fuss she walked towards the elevator. She wonders if a much-twisted fate Rick would step out of the platform and surprise her. That has always worked in the movies. She silently prayed it wouldn't happen, when she heard the elevator bell, she intentionally held her breath and released it readily when she confirmed the coast was clear.

She smiled; it seemed fate was on her side that day. She was feeling a little more confident when instantaneously the conveyor reached the ground floor and opened widely, Jess almost choked on the sight in front of her.

"We need to talk," he uttered much more of a statement than a command.

"Shaun..." she whispered. She thought of turning him down, but she was also spent trying to shove some things forward in her life, she couldn't continue to deal with all these shambles.

They walked to a nearby café together and found a spot where they could talk in private. Jess ordered some tea as she made herself comfortable. She studied Shaun, he looked disheveled, his hair was a bit messy, and he seemed he was not getting enough rest. It had been days since the boot camp ended and after the infamous night of the culmination activity, she had not heard anything from Shaun.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked him after their drinks were served.

"We didn't finish our conversation that night" he stated confirming her thoughts.

She lowered her gaze and sipped her hot tea. "What about it?" she asked once again.

"Jessie..." he breathed. "I don't know how to begin. I'm sorry about what happened, I wasn't thinking straight, I was momentarily clouded when I saw Cindy and..."

"Who is she to you Shaun?" she asked, cutting his words.

His eyes then directed at her and whispered. "She's my manager" he answered after some time.

"She's pretty much not just your manager. Am I wrong?" she asked, testing the waters beneath.

Shaun brushed his hair up using his hand as Jess sensed the ongoing battle in his mind. She remembered how she called Shaun seductively after their performance ended. "Shauny".

She pondered if Cindy didn't show up, what are the possibilities? Where could this twisted affair between them go?

He crossed his brows like he was in pain, his head was bent down unable to meet her eyes. "There are things I am not proud of, sometimes I have to do things just because..." he stated trying to justify himself.

She nodded. "I understand," she replied and garnered a sharp look from Shaun, probably in disbelief at how accepting she was in this whole situation.

"Are you not mad?" he asked, trying to make sure.