⋆˚⋆୨୧ 037

Back to Ran and Amara

Third Person's POV

Amara suddenly dropped into silence, her eyes clouded with horror. Sweat rolled down the side of her head. Ran tilted his head in confusion. "Amara, what's wrong?" He asked the female vampire. Amara looked at Ran worriedly. "There is a foreign scent of blood... This is the special scent belonged to a human who has mated with a vampire."

"Mated? What does that mean?"

"Well, in human term, I think it is called "married"? Yeah, something like that."

"Are you suggesting that Rindou is here?!"

"Possibly. But, dear goodness... This scent is really strong...and sweet. (T/n)-sama must have captured him. This is going into an unpleasant direction."

"No... We have to save him. Please help me. I can't afford to lose my little brother."

"I like to but it is wise to wait for Her Majesty to arrive first-"

"What if we are too late by that time?!"

Ran gripped Amara's shoulders firmly. His face was written with desperation. She was caught off guard by the physical contact. Her heart clenched with sympathy as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Please, Amara. I know for a fact you may dislike human like other vampires but I'm not asking you to do this for my sake. Please do this for (Y/n)'s sake." Ran begged again. He would do anything to win Amara's trust and convince her to help him.

Amara was horrified by his accusation. "I-I never hated human! I'm very much interested in your kind! How could I hate one when Her Majesty's mate is a mortal?" She defended herself. "If I truly hate your kind then you would not even be alive right now, Ran."

"Though, I understand your worry. But we can't charge in blindly. She is strong.. The worst case can happen is all of us die in (T/n)-sama's hands." Amara warned in seriousness. Ran chewed his bottom lip frustratedly. She stared at him, pity evident in her gaze.

All of sudden, Amara darted her eyes to the door. Seriousness dawned over her face before she embraced Ran in her arms. "I heard footsteps." She exclaimed and tightened her protective hold around him. She shifted her attention back to Ran. "Don't move and pretend to be dead, Ran."

"And sorry about this. No hard feelings, alright?"

"What are you talking about-"

Without warning, Amara buried her fangs into his neck. Ran hissed in pain, his eyes immediately fell shut. He sensed his blood being sucked out by the female vampire. He felt vulnerable and weak as he was ceaselessly running out of blood.

Amara then pulled out her fangs and at the same time, the door opened. Two vampires -- guards patrolling the area -- came into the room. "Amara-sama. (T/n)-sama has summoned you to see Her Highness."