⋆˚⋆୨୧ 022

On their way back,Outside Haitanis' penthouse building,Nighttime

On their way back,
Outside Haitanis' penthouse building,
Nighttime...

Second Person's POV

You and Rindou were on the way back to Rindou's residence. Since you wanted to enjoy a walk with him, you made up your mind to not teleport.

You were perplexed when Rindou suddenly stopped walking, his eyes fixed on a building. Curious, you looked at the said building. Dark grey smoke was puffing in the air.

"A building is on fire." Rindou remarked, pointing to a tall building. You stared at the building blankly. You despised this view. It made your stomach churn.

Reminded you of unwanted memories.

"I think that is where the hotel I used to stay at a few times was located. It I'm right, then such a shame. It was my favourite hotel." Rindou sighed in disappointment. You remained quiet , not responding to his words.

Rindou turned to you, his face written with dismay. "Well, not that I can do anything to stop the fire-"

The purple-haired man abruptly went quiet when a vision greeted his eyes. A scene of a teenage girl running past burning houses and small stalls, her breathing ragged. She was in panic while she searched for something frantically.

' This girl... Looks like (Y/n).' The realization astonished Rindou. He was at loss for words.

"Arian!"

The girl screamed from the top of her lungs whilst storming her way toward a certain house. Raging flame was devouring the entire house but she didn't give a damn.

The scene changed to the girl standing somewhere. She made her way toward a person lying on the ground...

...in the pool of their own blood.

After recognizing the face of the person-- a teenage boy, her eyes widened in horror. Her whole being was shaking, her hands trembled as she removed them from her mouth.

The tears that had been pooling in her eyes eventually trickled down her face.

"ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

The girl's heartbreaking scream echoed throughout the burning village. She dropped on her knees and cradled the dead boy in her arms. Her sorrowful cries continued to rang through the village.

Rindou returned to his sense. Before he could do anything, he dropped on his knees out of the blue. Shocked by that, you helped Rindou stand up back on his feet.

"Rindou darling, are you alright? Feeling unwell?" You were worried when he almost collapsed. Luckily, you managed to hold him on time.

Rindou remained silent, simply lifting his head up and gazing at you.