"I-I'm fine!", she waived him off and tried to calm herself down.

"You don't look fine. What happened?", he asked walking around the table as he sat beside her.

"Nothing, Ricky. Just work load", she said as she breathed heavily to calm herself down. He knew something was off as he noticed her looking at their Boss's closed cabin and then at her table.

Ricky followed her gaze and looked back at her. "Is it because of him?", he asked her catching her completely off guard.

"What? No! Not at all", she lied but he got her.

"C'mon Briana! Try that with someone else!", he said rubbing her back. "We all saw him enter the office with a foul mood. He vented it out on you, didn't he?", it was more like a statement.

Briana released a sigh of relief when she realized what he was thinking. Thank God he didn't take it in a wrong way.

"It's ok, Bri! You know he could be an asshole sometimes", he said and earned a death glare from her. "Ok fine, an asshole all the time?", he said raising his brows at her as he tilted his face in a funny way.

However, it was enough to bring a smile on her lips as she shook her head at the audacity of the person sitting beside her. He was calling his boss a total asshole but that was partially true.

"Finally, you smiled!", he said, placing his hand on his chest.

"You're an asshole!", she said punching him on his shoulder as she used his own line on him, which earned her a hearty chuckle from him.

"See, that's the Briana I know and like! So keep it this way, okay?", he pouted as he pulled her cheeks, which made her smile.

Suddenly, the door to Jake's cabin flew open and he came out with that girl. Jake's eyes landed on Ricky and Briana and the way they were sitting. Before he could say something, the girl kissed him and left not before giving Jake a flirtatious look.

 Before he could say something, the girl kissed him and left not before giving Jake a flirtatious look

Jake gave them a dirty look and went inside.

Ricky looked at Jake and then at Briana with mouth wide open.

"Really? He lashed out at you in front of her?", Ricky asked as soon as Jake went inside, looking baffled.

On the other hand, Jake went inside and sat on his chair. He grabbed the proposal file that the girl had brought along. But her arrival had caused a stir in his brain... as she claimed to have met him in the NY Club later that night. The way she was acting showed that she knew something or probably someone.

Or was she that someone that Jake had been looking for all this while?

The way she approached him was very different. She was shocked to see him here which meant she probably didn't know who he was or where he worked, which kinda proved that she didn't know him or didn't expect him to be there.

Just like that girl in the Club! They were strangers, too!

They met on the dance floor as claimed by her, where they danced a lot after which they spent some time together. She didn't clearly say anything but her body language and words hinted at something else only!

After all, she came here just to deliver the proposal that her boss might have given for Jake, which meant she came here for business, not to bring up the memories of that night

After all, she came here just to deliver the proposal that her boss might have given for Jake, which meant she came here for business, not to bring up the memories of that night. Also, she looked a lot like the girl he met that night, who was the best sex he ever had (sarcasm intended via Monica Geller).

If what Jake was thinking was true, then.

-It was a bloody coincidence!

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door, breaking his reverie of thoughts.

"Come in."

This time, Briana opened the door slowly and carefully. She shut the door behind her and stood frozen on her spot.

Jake was holding a file in his hands that the woman had bought along with her. He was skimming through the contents when he noticed no one coming over. It was then he averted his gaze from the file and looked at a hesitant Briana standing right at the door.

"What do you want, Miss Chester?", he asked her. It was odd for him to refer to her by her last name but she deserved it. First she pissed him off and then walked in on him with someone else already occupying him.

"Sir, I-I came here to update you... to update you on your schedule", she stammered.

"Don't need it. You have updated me enough for the day!", he sassed out at her and got back into his file.

 You have updated me enough for the day!", he sassed out at her and got back into his file

Briana stood there with a broken heart and wet eyes. She didn't like it when he behaved with her like that.

"I'm really sorry for earlier, sir. I-I didn't mean to say all those things", she choked on her words.

She stood there for a while waiting for him to respond but he didn't. Instead, he pretended to be busy with the file as he flipped through the pages. Having no other option left, she apologized for the last time and turned around to leave.

"Miss Chester?, he spoke abruptly, making her stop dead in her tracks. "This is an office! Don't make me remind you about the rules and how you should behave in a official environment", he chided her without sparing her as much as a glance.

She knew he was right! Briana had earlier entered the cabin without knocking and then was sitting very close to an employee in the office. She knew he was warning her and she was not stupid to not understand that.

"Sorry, sir.."

With that said, she turned around and left his cabin.

***