Chapter four: voodoo doll

A little bit shorter, but I hope you'll enjoy it~ don't forget to vote & comment .xx 

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Chanyeol stood in his window like he usually did when he was bored. He glanced over at the house in the opposite drive-way and spotted the petite boy approaching his own window as well - Chanyeol watched his movements. He could tell the smaller one was frustrated. He looked to be nearly crying but suddenly turned around.

Chanyeol couldn't see at first, but slowly there was another figure approaching in his eye reach as well. Both of their windows were open and Chanyeol could hear them arguing, but not what they were saying. The giant knew it was his mother since their parents knew each other, and Chanyeol had passed them several of times on the streets and in stores.

Chanyeol watched Mrs Byun screaming and yelling at her son whilst he had his head down. His hands were behind his back that was facing Chanyeol and he saw that the smaller boy's hands were held tight in order to control his anger. 

His mother didn't see it though. Chanyeol jumped a bit when he suddenly witnessed his mother slapped the boy on the cheek. His head moved to the side, but he stood still as if his body was nailed onto the floor. Chanyeol wondered what the boy would've done to make his mother mad like that. 

Was yesterday a part of it? Chanyeol knew there was something bothering the smaller one yesterday, he simply just didn't care enough to ask and the boy wouldn't have told him anyway since they both hated each other.

Baekhyun felt like crying, but he held it together. He stood still until his mother had disappeared from the room, and he broke down. Tears streamed down his cheeks, and he leaned back on the window again. He wasn't aware of the other's presence on the other side of the road until later. They were both staring at each other, mostly Baekhyun being shocked to see the other.

He quickly moved away from the window whilst drying his tears. He felt embarrassed that Chanyeol had seen that side of him.

He started doing his homework, just what his mother nagged on before she started yelling about yesterday's event, but then heard the bell rang from downstairs. Someone was here

Baekhyun sneaked closer to the door so he could see whoever would be visiting them. Baekhyun's eyes widen as he saw a certain familiar figure.

"Hello, is Baekhyun home?" Chanyeol asked, but made eye contact with Baekhyun, as he was still hiding and only peeking his head from the top of the stairs. Chanyeol looked back at Mrs Byun and smiled politely towards her. Baekhyun was surprised to see this side of the king.

"Yes, but we were all just going out to a Voodoo Doll Museum. Would you care to join us?" Baekhyun's eyes widen when he heard the news and he stared at the back of his mother. That was the first to Baekhyun. He hadn't heard anything about going to a Museum. And Chanyeol could tell as he frowned at the boy.

"I'd love to." 

That surprised the smaller. Why would Chanyeol accept the offer from his parents? It'd only mean they'd b stuck with each other for a couple of hours.

Because of Chanyeol, he was now forced to go to a boring Voodoo Doll Museum. Thanks, bully.

"Ah, there you are honey. Come on, get dressed," his mother commanded as she spotted her son by the stairs. He sighed but didn't deny. There was no way out of that trap. Baekhyun knew everything was a trap. His mother never called him honey, sweetie, Baekkie, or anything unless someone was close by. She wanted to look like that happy normal family, which they were far away from.

They arrived at the Museum and his parents seemed surprised by the arts. Baekhyun, however, could die from boredom at any moment.

"Why won't you take a look around?" his mother suggested. Baekhyun nodded as he was ready to go away from them right away, but, unfortunately, Chanyeol followed him.

"Why did you come?" Baekhyun asked grumpy, as he knew Chanyeol was right behind him.

"I was bored," he replied carelessly, which made Baekhyun even more irritated. "You weren't really invited, right?" Baekhyun avoided meeting Chanyeol's gaze as he pretended as if he was originally going, but he couldn't fool Chanyeol. "I know you're forced. She just said that to not seem like a bad mother in front of me, right?" 

Baekhyun slowly nodded his head. He couldn't fool the giant. He already saw through them. 

"It's a little bit too late to change my view of her though." Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol questioningly. "I saw her screaming and beating you in your room, although I don't know what it was about."

Baekhyun wanted to just hide. How embarrassing was that? He didn't want his enemy to know his relationship with his family. "It was my fault anyways," Baekhyun said, which was technically true. 

Chanyeol stared at the smaller guy, which made the smaller feel uncomfortable. He knew he'd see through his lies if he didn't move, and so he did. He tried to enjoy the art that was surrounding them, but he didn't find it interesting at all.

"Can't you at least pretend like you're having a good time?"

Baekhyun snorted loudly and glared at the taller. "It's your fault I'm here in the first place. I could be doing something else at home at this point," Baekhyun whined and Chanyeol smirked.

"Like studying?"

Baekhyun glared again and they faced each other whilst glaring and frowning at the other. "Do you think I live of studying? And can you please just stay away from me?" Baekhyun started to raise his voice and so did Chanyeol.

"No, I think your life is based on glaring at me, making out with your boyfriends and studying," Chanyeol smirked, but still raised up with his voice.

Baekhyun felt like he was about to punch the guy in the face. "Shut up! My life is much more interesting than you just making everyone fear you and making fun of everyone who isn't able to protect themselves! And we don't make out, we're only friends!" Baekhyun yelled whilst pushing the taller slightly on the chest, but enough to show off his anger.

That's when he snapped and pushed the smaller back. "You fucking nerd boy! Do you want to die?" he glared whilst trying to hold back to punch the petite defenceless boy. Both of them thought they heard a loud sound beside them from the scary Voodoo Doll that was staring at them. They both shivered whilst turning their backs against each other.

"I hate you Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun muttered under his breath, but the giant heard him and snorted.

"Not as much as I hate you Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun let out a big sigh as he was finally back home. That day was not something he enjoyed. First his friends almost doubted him because he was 'playing' with Chanyeol, which sounded very wrong to them, and then he had to go to a Voodoo Doll Museum, and of course, Chanyeol was there as well. 

Baekhyun stood by his window, which he liked to do a lot, but of course, he saw his one and only enemy, and they glared at each other before closing their windows harshly down to express their feelings, which wasn't pleasant. They gave each other one last glare before walking away. Baekhyun lay down on his bed whilst sighing again. At least he was looking forward to the next day.

Tomorrow I'll see the results if I passed the test, he thought to himself as a smile formed his lips. He had taken a test of joining the Mathematics team. They were competing other schools, trying to win quizzes and such. Baekhyun fell asleep with a smile on his face, hoping the next day would be an enjoyable one.