Chapter two: perfect son?

Here's another update for "Afire Love"! Hope you're enjoying this so far, and you'll see how the two main males will interact~ don't forget to vote & comment everybody .xx

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

"Hey, kid!"

Baekhyun stopped right in his tracks. His heart was racing out of his chest - his fear was taking over him. 

Whenever Chanyeol would address him, he'd call him a kid. Not that he practically called him. It was just a common thing in their group; if they wanted to call Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Luhan, Minseok or basically anyone else than themselves, they'd usually referred to them as kids, as every member of their gang were tall. They simply didn't care enough to learn other names beside each other. 

Baekhyun slowly turned around, still shivering as he stood still. At first he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him. He was expecting the cold guy to stand with his hands in his pocket whilst giving him a glare. He was expecting him to be ready to punch him or give him some mean comments about him. What Baekhyun wasn't expecting was seeing that same bully standing beside a big tree, staring straight up, not even sparing a glance towards Baekhyun.

Did he hear wrong? Baekhyun was about to start and walk again until he was being called again.

"Climb up that tree," he said, "a cat is stuck there." 

Baekhyun's jaw literally dropped down. He didn't move until the cold guy moved his gaze from the tree to the kid he was calling. 

"What are you waiting for?"

That made Baekhyun move. He didn't want to help Chanyeol with anything, but he knew he couldn't disobey him. It'd only make it worse. 

He dropped his bag down at the ground and started to climb the tree. He spotted the cat on the tip of a branch, looking terrified. Baekhyun was just as terrified as the cat. He had a fright from heights, but his biggest fright was Park Chanyeol.

The short male would rather fall and maybe even die if it meant to be away from Chanyeol. Baekhyun had reached the cat and carried it back down. He was surprised he had managed to survive, both from falling and having a heart attack. Chanyeol grabbed the cat and forced it out of Baekhyun's arms as soon as he landed on the ground again and started to pat it.

"Don't go and climb up trees Nora," Chanyeol whispered to the cat. Baekhyun could swear he saw a small smile on his face, but that would've been impossible to Baekhyun. Did Chanyeol even know how to smile? "You can go now," Chanyeol's sudden voice broke Baekhyun out of his trance.

He grabbed his bag, bowed, and then walked as fast as he could back to his home. He had never been that desperate to reach home before. 

His house was just as bad as school. Actually, he even liked school better. At least he could meet his friends there. His home was just a place where he'd eat, sleep and then study. It was the same at school, just that he didn't sleep there. Except for one time when he couldn't sleep at night because of his parents nagging him to study since his exams were close. It's bad when your parents force you to choose to study rather than sleep.

"Hey Baekhyun," Mrs Byun greeted him as he entered the house. "Saw you talking with someone". Baekhyun froze in his step, catching his mother's attention from the kitchen as she was preparing dinner.

"Oh, it was just someone from school. He's bad at climbing, so I did instead to save the neighbour cat," Baekhyun replied, mentally praying that his mother wouldn't say anything more about it.

"Friend of yours?" 

Baekhyun cringed at the thought. "Not really. Just a guy from school." Baekhyun was hoping their conversation would drop, and so it did. His mother wasn't someone who was interested in Baekhyun's private life, especially his social life. She only asked him to just at least seem like a mother.