Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Jimson

The moment when Winonah Fierro came to kiss me, I was ecstatic. All the nerves in my body jolted. Is this what they call butterflies? Well then if it is, I want to feel it all the fucking time.

I was so happy. Even if it was dark, I could see the joy in her face.

She is happy. She is happy with the kiss... with me in front of her... with us... I couldn't believe it.

All the hesitation I saw in her face earlier was gone. And she was so, so, so beautiful.

But then she widened her eyes when Fierro realized that we were so close to each other. Bahagya niya akong itinulak palayo kaya natawa ako.

"And now you're shy," I teased.

Kumunot ang noo niya. "K-Kalimutan mo na 'yun!" she said.

I only chuckled. "No, come here."

I gently grabbed her waist. Sus, akala ko ay itutulak niya ulit ako ngunit nagpahila lang naman siya. A chuckle escaped from my mouth.

Fierro was still frowning when I hugged her closer. She couldn't look at me. I bet her cheeks were all red.

"Aba, aba!"

I thought I was going to die when Winonah Fierro pushed me so hard. Then my forehead creased when I saw my cousins!

"What are you all doing here?" I asked.

"Ikaw dapat ang tinatanong namin niyan," Haben said while laughing.

Chester just chuckled. Joseph smiled. River and Jeno Emmanuel were teasing me with their smiles. Gab faked a cough. My cousins are really here. Wow.

I rolled my eyes and held Winonah's hand. As if on cue, the lamp post at the parking lot turned on which gave light on the whole area.

"Everyone, this is Winonah Fierro-"

"Your girlfriend?!" Haben cut me off.

I eyed him... then I looked at the cute hamster beside me like I was asking for permission. Then all my cousins looked at her, waiting for Fierro's answer. We were all silently waiting.

I was nervous. Especially when Fierro frowned.

"Teka... huwag niyo akong tingnan nang ganyan," she said and placed her palms as if she was stopping us from coming after her.

Haben smiled and offered his hand. "Harold Benedict, at your service. Haben for short. Nice to meet you. Ito si River, si Gab, si Joseph, Chester, at Jeno Emmanuel. Mga pinsan ng boyfriend mo."

Fierro's brows furrowed even more. "Baka hindi matandaan lahat ng pangalan ninyo... Ang dami niyo kasi."

I let out a chuckle. "Come on, guys. You're scaring her." Then I stood beside her even closer.

"So girlfriend mo nga?" River asked me with a tease.

"I'm courting-"

"Oo," matapang na sabi ni Winonah. "Girlfriend."

I can't stop myself from smiling. My heart was melting. It was so nice to hear it from her.

My very first girlfriend. Damn.

Gab smiled. "I'm happy for the both of you. By the way, nice meeting you, Winonah. We were about to have a late dinner inside. Puwede kayong sumama."

Fierro looked at me and I got the look in her eyes.

"Sorry, guys. Kailangan nang umuwi ni Winonah. We still have to study."

"Study na naman," Chester said and looked at her. "Basta sa susunod, sama ka na ha?"