Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Jimson

Everything was a rush. I couldn't remember what happened because it seemed like it was a blur.

In the ambulance, we kept on reviving my father, making sure that we never lose his heartbeat. I'm sweating bullets. My hands were shaking. But I should not be afraid now. I don't know if I will ever forgive myself if someone dies on my own hands.

In the hospital, they put him in the emergency room. All I could do was to wait outside. I sat down and leaned on the wall as I closed my eyes. I pretended to be calm because I don't want to cause panic to other.

Especially when Mom and Joseph arrived.

"Where is he?" tanong ni Mom sa 'kin.

"Nasa ER."

"Is he alive?"

Her eyes were full of tears and pain. It was hard to look back, thinking she would see it in my eyes, too.

"I don't know. They are still reviving him," I answered.

"Kuya, is he going to be fine?" ani Joseph.

"Yeah, he will. He should."

Ilang minuto pa ay dumating ang mga pinsan ko. Haben came with her girlfriend. They looked like they were about to sleep. Gab, Jeno Emmanuel, and River were in their corporate suits. Chester was in his casual clothes.

"What happened?" Gab asked me.

Jeno Emmanuel immediately comforted my mother together with Joseph. They also mentioned that my aunts and uncles are on their way.

"Heart attack," I replied.

"Is it bad?"

"I don't know. Good thing I gave him first aid."

He touched my shoulders to comfort me. "Everything's going to be okay."

Even if I'm not convinced, I nodded.

"Bibili na muna kami ng kape at mga pagkain," Becca, Haben's girlfriend said.

Haben did not say anything. He looked at me and I knew he was telling me that it will be fine. I hope so. I really hope so.

After an hour, my father was transferred in a private room. He was unconscious. A lot of machines were in his side.

The room looked like a suite or a hotel. It was huge but there were so many people. It was suffocating me. And I couldn't look away from my father who looked dead.

"Call us if you need anything," Gab said when they were about to leave.

"Yeah, I will."

Jeno Emmanuel approached me. "I will come here tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay. Thanks."

They bid their farewell. The room went quiet when the four of us are now alone.

"Have you tried reaching Kuya Yohan?" Joseph asked me about our half-brother.

"Not yet. Do you think we should?"

"I'll do it."

We watched Mom went to my father. She cried beside him. It was all too much, so I went outside the room to get some air.

The memory of Dad collapsing on the floor while struggling to breathe pains me so much. It was horrifying. I just couldn't shake that feeling.

I was at the far end of the hallway. Through the glass wall, the city lights looked peaceful that it calmed me down somehow. Then, I heard someone walking towards me. When I turned around, I saw my mother.