27 {your empty frames}

This is based off of the empty photo frames in my bedroom. Still haven't filled them. Let's call them symoblic??
-----
I visited your old, childhood bedroom today.

The empty, intricate frames on your walls still wait for something to fill the blank space.

Except one frame.

"Calum, why haven't you put anything is these black frames?"

You shrug at me. "I was gonna put art up, but I'm not good at art. I would put some photographs of mine up, but I'm lazyyy."

I roll my eyes, chuckling. "Here, I'll put a photo up for you in this tiny frame."

I pick up your baby blue Polaroid camera (1989 shoutout yo), and take a selfie.

Once it comes out of the camera, I slide it into the frame. "There," I say proudly.

"What a masterpiece," You say, sarcastically.

"Shut up. I'm beautiful."

"Yes, you are. Thanks for that, Lukey!"

And then you just continue working on your math homework, while my cheeks burn.

God, why do you have this effect on me?

That photo hangs there, still.

But now I'm adding a new one.

There's a big frame in the middle of all the others, so I got a big blown up photo of the two of us.

It's us laughing at the park in autumn, my head on your shoulder, hands intertwined.

Your face is half hidden, as you were pressing your nose into my quiff, making me giggle.

It's a cute picture, and I think that it's only appropriate to hang it here.

After I hung it, I had to leave before I started staring at it, wishing, hoping.

Wanting so badly to go back to that park in autumn, latte in one hand, your hand in the other.

Wanting you so badly.
-----
Kind of short, my apologies!