Chapter 29

☆☆☆☆☆
Disorganized
☆☆☆☆☆

"The bodies were recent," I said as I pointed towards a picture of the three children together.

"The Girl—" I dragged my finger towards the girl's Image, "She was found in the Garbage Compactor, But She didn't look like she was crushed"

"Her Body appeared to been stabbed multiple times to death, She was dumped in along with the other two at such inconvenient places," Officer Jacobe said as he placed down another picture of the girl having tons of stab wounds on her small body.

"Whoever did this was ruthless" Officer Amandoron grimaced at the thought as he furrowed his eyebrows.

I nodded at his statement, "The same procedure was also done with the other two victims" I said as I placed the two other photos.

The four of us took a few minutes to process what information we currently had as Officer Yvonne voiced out her thoughts, "The place of where they were truly killed is still unspecified, It is a possibility that they were killed inside The Mega PizzaPlex during Daytime given that (Y/N) didn't see anything suspicious the night before"

The three of us Hummed at her statement, Officer Jacobe then took some notes.

Officer Amandoron then held up a hand, "During the Investigation last night, Officer Grantuza found a stray of hair a few inches away from the Garbage compactor. The DNA is being processed as of right now, We'll have the results tomorrow morning"

"Alright, We have great sources to start the case. Officer Jacobe, Have you written everything?" I asked as he nods.

I checked the time on my Fazwatch.

10:00 pm

"Any additional information, Please jot them down along with Officer Vanessa and Clay's Interview. I'll watch the camera Footage tomorrow after my shift" I said as I started to pack my things.

"We're coming with you right?"

"Yeah, Officer Jacobe's gonna stay at the station for tonight"

☆☆☆☆☆

Everyone was tense for the whole week, I barely even spoke to the animatronics concerning the case.

All they know is that I'm the person in charge of the case and That's why I've been so busy.

They see me take my shift like I normally do, but I have more company.

Two officers would be exploring the facility on my behalf of me, They would gather the evidence needed for this case and everything would be placed on Friday.

And Today, Is Thursday.

"Officer (Y/N)!"

I jolt up at the sudden call of my name as I turn towards the voice, Officer Amandoron looked at me in concern.

"Chill out, You've been tense all morning. how's about going outside for a bit?" He suggested and placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked towards the papers and pictures scattered all around the table, gripping my coffee mug harshly before setting it on a Coaster on my desk.

Officer Jacobe waited expectantly, a pen in his hand with a few stacked papers on his side of the table. He tilted his head as if Urging me to answer.

I shook my head slightly and said," It's rather distasteful to waste any more time than we should"

"(N/n) if you're talking about how our resources and the fundings are limited—"

"Officer Amandoron, I am well aware that Mr. Scott is funding the case— our resources are not limited but what drives me is to finish this case as quickly as possible. So that we have at least one last thing to worry about" I snapped back as the room turned silent.

I turn my attention back onto the table, I held myself back from flipping it over— If I were to do that, We would lose any progress we've done this week.

We still didn't have any leads considering everything seemed calm on the days and nights I was on Duty, I didn't suspect anything that seemed out of the norm.

Maybe I was too relaxed to ever notice anything different.

"The Pizzaplex is going to open again by Monday, We only have 3 days left," I added, slumping on my seat before taking a sip from my mug. The lingering taste of caffeine left on my mouth as the tiredness I felt before slowly went away, A small headache ensued but I decided to ignore it.

"I..Understand that we only have a limited amount of time, But it's alright to take a break once in a while," Officer Amandoron said as I turn to him, He gave me a soft smile.

"Go outside for a bit, stay there for five minutes atleast; and don't think too much about the case. You can depend on us sometimes, right?" He said before reaching inside his pocket and handing me a couple of bucks.

"Go treat yourself to some Ice cream"

☆☆☆☆☆

"Ice cream..." I mumbled to myself as I passed by another Ice cream Parlor, Consuming a cold treat this early in the morning seems to bother me.

Instead of purchasing the treat, I was only walking with hundreds of thoughts on my mind. Passing by all kind of stores, until I stopped.

I placed my hands in my pockets as I stared at the Parlor from outside, As I stare— a couple of children walked out the door; Ice
Creams in hand.

"Why didn't you say you didn't like this flavor?" He asked her as she just smiled and shrugged, "Just didn't want to" She answered as she started to eat.

The pair started to walk onwards as They disappeared around the corner, A moment of silence was shared from the small familiar scenario as I looked back at the Ice cream shop.

"What time is it?"

I asked myself as I looked down at my Fazwatch.

9:47 am

☆☆☆☆☆

"How was the small outing Officer (Y/N)?" Officer Amandoron asked as a smile started to form on his face.

I crumpled the empty bag of chips and threw it into the Trash, "quite refreshing, I didn't get Ice cream though" I replied as I sipped on my (F/D).

Officer Yvonne rolled her eyes and said, "Of. course." She then leaned on the table— taking a file on top of it and added "I also have Great News; Officer Grantuza delivered this half an hour ago and I think we might be onto something"

I placed my Drink on the table upon hearing the news, My eyes lighten up with such Glee; "Who's going to be our First Official Suspect?" I asked as Officer Yvonne flipped the file open.

"It's...—

"Luis Lucaña"

Who the fuck is that?