Chapter 16

☆☆☆☆☆
This will have to do
☆☆☆☆☆

"Excuse me, Miss! Are you a Monty Fan?"

This is the fifth time this morning...

"Yes! He is one of a kind, isn't he?" I said.

The little kid eagerly nodded, a genuine bright smile displayed on his face as my heart twinged for a second.

It's so painful to lie to a child

"He's so cool in playing the bass! So many people said that it's a hard instrument to learn and It's just so cool that he plays it!"

Cause He's programmed to know how to play it...

"That is very true! Now-" I looked up to see his guardian waving at me, signaling that they were going to eat for lunch.

"-How about you run along now, Your Parent has been calling you over since you suddenly approached me," I said as I look down at him kindly.

He scanned my face for a second but then He suddenly had somewhat of a realization, briefly glancing back towards his guardian then swerving back. Now holding a stunned look, he nodded and suddenly saluted which surprised me a little.

"Officer (Y/N), You are my Hero. You are even more of my hero because you are a Monty Fan-"

That went from sweet to bitter real quick

"-Thank you for protecting the City!" He said as he held a proud smile.

Me thinking that this was the end of his speech, I smiled at this and was about to reply but he continued to talk.

"And Because of you, I wanted to become someone like YOU! You're so Cool!! But Monty's cooler!"

I don't know if I should feel flattered or insulted.

I smiled at this and ruffled the kid's hair, "That's so nice to hear squirt! And I completely agree! Monty is Much cooler!"

I can feel my heart clenched at such words, both from my lies and the context behind them. Cringing.

He beamed and suddenly bounced around so energetically. Kids... I thought as I laughed at such brightness.

That was fueled with lies.

"Felix! Say goodbye to Officer (Y/N), We have to go a get some lunch before we do anything else."

"Bye Officer (Y/N)! Continue to be awesome! I hope to see you again soon"

I waved them goodbye and turned the other way, I could feel my hands shake as I bit my lip.

It's doing it again, calm down.

It was for a kid.

Suddenly, I felt something grab my shoulder. Turning around, I see Freddy who was holding a concerned look towards me.

"Are you ok?" He asked worriedly, staring directly at my shaking hands.

I tried to calm them down a bit by; clenching them together, Breaking my joints slightly, Stretching them-but none of them were working.

"I-" I cut myself off.

Shame

"-I'm alright Freddy"

...this doesn't have to be a big deal.

"No, you are not"

☆☆☆☆☆