Chapter 5

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
We're both messed up
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

What time is it?

I thought as I took out my Phone.

"It's currently 7:50pm" Vanessa said beside me, looking at her watch on her wrist as I looked at her surprised.

She looked back at me and raised one of her eyebrows and said "What? You kind of asked"

"I've said that out loud?"

"Yeah"

"Oh..."

She laughed and said "Don't worry, I get it. I have a habit of Checking the time too, mostly on Night shifts"

I smiled "Well, I check the time almost at any chance I get, even in broad Daylight. I lose my sense of time too easily sometimes"

She chuckled and crossed her arms "Insomnia, am I right?"

My eyes widen as I look at her, my Mouth agape.

She smiled and said "I'm not a Mind reader but I'm also an Insomniac, being alone in a dark room makes you want to know when would Day break" shrugging.

Well, It's not that surprising I guess. I bet we're both messed up.

"Anyways, The Boss set up a Matrix for Both of our schedules" She said as she handed me a short folder.

I reviewed what was Inside and Hummed.

Both of our schedules were arranged as to so If one of us were to be on Duty at Night, The other would take the shift During the Day.

I'll be Taking the Night shift From Tuesday through Friday While Vanessa would be taking Saturday to Monday.

Today's Monday

Closing the folder, I handed it back to Her.

"Thanks, It's going to be ashame I won't be sleeping in next monday" I sighed as she laughed.

"During the weekends, There tend to be more People than the Weekday's." She said as she patted my back as I dramatically sigh.

"How about I'll show you around and then We'll go to the security office, Sound good?"She asked, a small smile creeping up on her face.

I look up at her and answered "Sure, Let's go"

She took me around for a Bit, Getting me acquainted towards every Area of the Building. I got to meet Sun when we Entered the Daycare, the place looked empty without having that many kids around.

I didn't even know there was a Daycare in this place.

Well this is a Family establishment.

He was friendly, extremely friendly. I mean, I'm not complaining. It's nice that someone has this bright energy.

Vanessa Looked at her watch and said "Welp, It's already 8:55. Let's head to the Security Office"

"Yes professor"

She laughed as we headed for the Security Office.

We spent a few hours just talking about the work and Ourselves while checking the Cameras Until the clock hit 12, Both of us barely Noticing because of our current Conversation.

"Wait, let me get this straight." Vanessa said, Holding back her laughter "You used to Date this Guy just because he gave you Chocolate?"

I snorted at how she worded it, "It was back in Highschool! I actually had no Interest in Love until he gave me food" I said as she wheezed.