𝟭𝟭. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗯𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀

。・:*:・✰ yin made us all porridge the next morning

It was delicious, with eggs and bacon.

We sat around the dining table again.

The kids seemed to forget about the witch thing and felt comfortable sitting around me.

As I raised my glass of water, my sleeve rose up a bit, revealing half of my tattoo.

The twins, Dee and Lee, noticed.

"Y/N, what's that?" Dee pointed.

I looked. "Oh it's my tattoo." I rolled up my sleeve more.

They both grabbed my wrist and almost pulled me to the floor.

"Whoa! It's so cool! Momma, look!" His mom, Meng-Meng, looked at my tattoo.

"Oh wow. What does it mean?" She asked.

"I actually got it for my friend, Blossom, when she passed away. That's the date she passed." I explained.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Y/N." She said.

"What was Blossom like?" Lee asked.

"Oh, she was amazing. Determined, honest, and hard-working. She was my best friend but then she got sick and we couldn't do much to help her."

Some of the other family was now listening.

Aunt Meng-Meng looked at the date a little closer.

"Well, that was just about a month ago."

I nodded.

"Aw, wow. I'm so sorry that happened, Y/N."

I didn't know what else to say. "It's fine, we're fine."

I uncomfortably continued eating while some of the other kids gawked over Mako and Bolin's tattoos as well.

Yin had somehow convinced Tu go out early and find us passports so we could take the train back to the upper ring.

We just finished eating and getting ready to leave at the front door when Yin handed me a little bag.

"For your travels."

I smiled before looking inside. It was two huge bundles of yuans and a few gold coins. All three of us gasped when looking inside.

"No, this is way too much!" I tried handing it back to her but she refuses to take it.

"You need it more than we do."

"Yin-"

"If you don't take it, I'll feel really bad."

I sighed before closing the bag.

The front door opened and Tu walked through.

"Here. These should get you to the upper ring." Tu said as we turned around.