Chapter 24: Maybe The Worse News Can Be Replaced With A Vacation

Ryder's Pov

The next few days went by and before we knew it, we were back at the dorms. Lia was in class and I wasn't because I had just finished my classes. I was on my way back to the dorms when I noticed that today felt off. I walked around for a bit, hoping to find something but I ended up finding nothing but a penny. It was flipped on the wrong side meaning I was gonna have bad luck.

I kept walking around thinking that it was too quiet. On my way to the girls' dorm, I found a piece of tape. Oh I how I wish I would have left that damn tape alone. Fucking tape.

I pulled the piece and a bucket of water splash all over my head. Xioe, Lia and Josh walked out the room, laughing at me.

"Back with the pranks, bud." Josh said, laughing.

"Damn, how's that water? Is it ice cold?" Xioe said, still laughing.

"I'm sorry, baby, but we had to get you." Lia said, holding a camera.

I chuckled and started walking towards them.

"You will all feel how cold I am."

I kept walking and they all moved. I chased them around the dorm room. I caught up to Lia and hugged her from behind.

"Oh my God! You're so cold!" she laughed.

"This is what you get."

I swung her around and she screamed and laughed. I put her down and grabbed Xioe. She screamed and told me to put her down. I put her down and then ran after Josh. I grabbed him and sat on him on the couch.

"Come on man, you know it was time for pranks." he said.

"Oh I know but now you are going to have water all over you."

He pushed me off and we laughed. We sat down and caught our breath. I looked over and saw Lia looking at something.

"Whatcha looking at, luv?"

"I think someone is outside waiting for someone. They've been standing outside for a while."

Xioe got up and looked at the window.

"Who are they staring at?" she asked.

Josh got up and looked.

"I...have no idea."

I stood up and looked through the window. The person looked very angry and was staring directly at...us. I looked closer and closer until I realized who it was.

"Uhm, maybe we should back away from the window." I said, pushing them.

"Why?" Lia asked.

"Look I know you want to know but I...I'll tell you when I get the chance."

She looked down and moved over to their room. I sighed and walked over to her. Xioe and Josh followed me.

"You know it's different when you tell us this type of stuff. We understand that you can't tell us right now. And it's not that she doesn't, it's just, she loves you and she wants to trust you and she can't do that if you are just lying to her." Josh said.

"I know but I was telling the truth. I will tell her, I just have to handle this first."

I walked over to Lia and saw her facial expressions change.

"Promise me you're gonna tell me." she said.

"I promise."

I kissed her forehead and started walking. Before I left, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into her. She kissed me, making sure that I wouldn't forget to tell her. She broke the kiss and stared at me