Chapter 5: We Fought

The day went on like usual, we talked, laughed, had fun, and every now and then I would take a glance at Ryder. At times he would catch me looking but wouldn't say anything. Each time he would always smile and sometimes he would wink at me. I thought he was just messing with me and that he never actually meant it.

More time went on and we eventually all got bored. We didn't have any classes since it was the weekend but we didn't exactly know what to do. We ended up deciding that we were going on a "double date". I know it sounds so weird but please just listen to the conversation.

*Fifteen minutes before*

"I'm soooooo bored." Xioe said, dragging out her words.

"Let's do something, it's the weekend after all." Josh said

"Lia? What do you think we should do?" Ryder asked me specifically.

Why me? I mean seriously why would he ask me out of all people?

I turned to him and I saw the slightest little smile on his face. I swear every time he smiled I could just feel myself falling more and more for him. All I really wanted to do today was to obsess over him and laugh with Xioe and Josh but I guess that was never going to happen now so instead I answered the question.

"Uhm...We could always go out and have fun." I said, unsure how to answer the question because I really had no idea what I wanted to do.

"Yeah but what would we do? I mean we literally have already done everything together." Xioe responded, being correct as usual.

"Well not everything but yeah you are right." I told her and for some odd reason I was starting to think that a lot.

"Oh I know what we should do." Josh said with so much excitement that I couldn't even comprehend it.

"What do you think we should do Josh?" Ryder said sarcastically and it made me giggle a little.

He looked over at me and let out a small chuckle. Xioe on the other hand was grinning and was watching this all unfold like it was a movie.

"We should DOUBLE DATE!"

We all looked at him and then burst into laughter while he looked dead serious.

"Oh you were serious," I said through laughs, "Yeah, no."

"But why?" He said frowning.

"Babe, Lia and Ryder aren't even together." Xioe said laughing .

"Yeah and plus I'm pretty sure Lia has never been on a date let alone a double date." Ryder said laughing as well.

"Yeah go ahead and destroy my ego," I said and they all looked at me, "Ok so maybe it's true but did you really have to say it out loud."

"Aw come on. I'm not judging you, I just think it's cute that you want to wait for the right person to go on a date with." He said, walking behind me and placing his head on top of mine while rubbing my arms.

I pretended to pout and looked up at him while he looked down at me and we both began to laugh. Even though I did like him, I was glad I could still act semi normal around him. Like I said, I liked being around him, I liked his company. He might have made me feel things that I had never felt for anyone before but still he was my friend and I wanted him around me just as much as my two friends who sat in front of me.

"You know what? Now that I think about it, you are literally such a holy child, Lia. I mean you don't date, you don't smoke or do drugs, you don't drink, hell you don't even have sex."Josh said, a little too harshly for my liking.