Chapter 9: Relationships

After several more rounds, we both agreed that we should stop. We were tired and our bodies were sore and worn out. For the rest of the time all we did was just lay there, cuddled up with each other. Eventually, we both fell asleep. When I woke up, he was stroking my hair and humming to himself. I couldn't help but smile to myself and cuddle up to him more. Once he saw that I was awake, he gently grabbed my chin and tilted it to his face. He then kissed me and we let the kiss linger for quite a while. Once he pulled away, he just stared at me.

"What?" I asked while slightly giggling.

"Nothing, it's just, I have never really appreciated your beauty as much as I do now."

I laughed and hid my face in his chest.

"I'm serious. You really are the most gorgeous woman in this whole world. No one compares to you."

I could feel my heart skip a beat. Why did he have to be so charming and sweet?

"There is no way that I am the most gorgeous woman ever. I mean, yeah, sure, I'm pretty decent when it comes to looks but now you're just messing with me."

"Now you're just lying."

"How?" I laughed.

"Because, you seriously don't know your own beauty. You don't know the power you hold over so many people, including me. This," he motioned to us lying down together, "was never supposed to happen."

"And why is that?"

"Because of reason that I-"

"Can't explain right now. Yeah, I know." I said growing a little irritated with this.

It's been two weeks and he still can't tell me. Why won't he just tell me?

"Lia, I want to tell you, I seriously do but I can't when I don't know how you will react to it or even if you will hear me out."

Hear him out? That's bullshit. I'm his best friend, of course I would hear him out.

"Why would you think that I wouldn't hear you out, Ryder? We have been best friends since we were six. What in the world makes you think that I won't hear you out?"

"Lia...I need you to understand that what is going on is different from things we have ever faced before, ok, and that none of this is under my control."

"Stop calling me by my full name. I hate it."

"I'm sorry but I need you to listen to me when I tell you that I can't do anything about this, ok."

"But why can't you just tell me instead of letting me assume dumb shit?"

"Because I don't want you to be mad at me."

"I was mad at you for two weeks, how would this be any different?"

"Because it was mainly my fault."

"What was your fault?"

"You know I can't-"

"Tell me. I got it." I said getting out of bed annoyed with him and walking to the bathroom.

"Lia." he yelled from the bed.

"Don't call me that." I yelled back.

I could hear the bed moving so I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. He walked over to the bathroom and didn't say anything. My back was turned to him so I couldn't see him. I ran me some bath water as I just sat on the toilet seat and watched it. He still hadn't moved from his spot.

"Can I join?" he asked, trying to start up a conversation.

"Doesn't your dorm room have a shower?"

"Please," he begged, walking towards me.