On hearing her talk to herself, the driver looked at her from the rare view mirror, "All okay, Miss?", he asked.

"Umm.. Could you please stop at the nearest Grocery store as I have to buy a few things?", she asked him politely.

"Sure, it's just 5 minutes away!", he said and re-routed the map.

Soon, he dropped her at 24*7 store.

Briana got inside the store and collected all the things on the list as soon as possible, but not forgetting to buy some deserts for her sweet tooth. After being done, she headed to the billing counter where she paid for everything and left.

When she reached the parking lot, she called for an Uber again. However, this time, the rides were getting declined all repeatedly even though it was just 9 at night.

After a lot of attempts, she decided to take the nearest subway even though she was mostly tired as the things were quite heavy. On the way, she was just managing to dangle the things in her hands when she heard someone behind her.

"Hi, Miss Chester, how are you doing today?", said the man.

She turned around only to come face to face with none other than the two officers whom Jake had a verbal brawl with. Before she could respond, they started walking towards her in a very phased manner.

 Before she could respond, they started walking towards her in a very phased manner

Holly Crap!

They were completely intoxicated.

Drunk!

"Ahh, don't you see she's tired. Need a little help, ahan?", the other one said as he came closer.

With every step they took towards her, Briana started feeling a little unsafe even though these were police officers that we're talking about. She looked around to head to a crowded area but the place she was at, barely had any humans walking around. That's when she noticed that the place was loaded with shops of Liquor and other nasty stuff with no body but drunkards all around.

"No thanks! I'm fine by myself", she said and started walking towards the subway as fast as she could.

"Hey, wait! Why are you running away from us? We want to help you. Just like you helped that little piece of shit!", the first one seethed through gritted teeth.

Now, this was a flash warning for her to run away! So she did the only sane thing a person in her senses would do.

She ran!

And ran as fast as her legs allowed her to!