22 | Valentine's Day

Time skip
"Allie! Are you free today?" It was the weekend so you had nothing to do. Amy, George and Mitch went to have fun with their families for the weekend to celebrate the festival that was associated with red and pink. God blessed their family that was whole.

"Yes. I'm free." You replied to Nat as you turned your chair to face her. You were just wasting time watching YouTube on your laptop until Monday comes and school starts again. You were being the kid you never were able to be when you were younger, leaving your homework aside and rushing to your laptop once you were home. But at least your results were good, you kept telling yourself that.

"Get dressed. I'm taking you out today." Nat said quickly before closing the door again. You shrugged your shoulders not knowing why Nat just asked you out. What was she going to do with you on Valentine's day? Even throughout the years with Nat, you've never seen her celebrating this day before.

Nevertheless, you went to change and met Nat in the living room. Without saying anything, she nodded her head towards the garage and you followed along. It was really weird to be brought around without any knowledge but when it boiled down to Nat, you can't say no.

"Where are we going?" You finally asked when you were in her car for a few moments.

"You'll see." She refused to say anything with a smirk.

Sighing, you got comfortable in your seat until Nat told you that you've reached the destination. You knew from the time spent in the car that you didn't go too far, looking out of the window, your suspicions were confirmed as you were still in the shopping district where all sorts of Valentine's Day sales could be seen plastered along the window, displaying respective goods that the shops were selling.

As you walked down the street with Nat's hands in yours, sales person was trying to pass you their brochures in an attempt to boost their sales. There were plenty of people holding roses patiently yet anxiously waiting for their partner to arrive or buying their last minute purchase that they had forgotten.

"Wanda, you can stop hiding around." Nat's voice caught your attention and you looked at her before turning behind to see Wanda appearing behind a light pole. She chuckled nervously as she walked towards us and gave me a small wave.

"So? You're actually going there?" Wanda bumped Nat's shoulder with hers and wiggled her eyebrows.

"I just thought I'll let Allie experience it."

"Yeah yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night."

You looked between the two women, not knowing what they were talking about. Three of you continued making your way there. It was just a short walk but due to the crowd, it was very hard to walk through the sea of people. From an outside perspective, it looked like the three of you were a family as you were walking in between Wanda and Nat.

Standing outside the building, it looked like an ordinary brick building which was quite out of place here. There were significantly fewer people standing outside the door as there were no displays of any kind, no promotions or anything. You couldn't even see what was inside. Double checking that she got the right place, Nat pushed open the door and there were already a few people there talking, mostly ladies.

"You must be Miss Natalie Rushman." An old looking lady spoke.

"That's right. This is Allison and Wendy." Giving Wanda a fake name was as easy as she breathed.

"Nice to meet you ladies. I am Mrs White, the owner of this building. Since everyone is here, let's get started shall we?" She showed us around and to our stations before giving each of us an apron and you took it skeptically. Was Nat going to cook?