37 | Coming back

Natasha POV
After the party, I didn't hear anything coming from Allie again. She just did a Y/N, vanished into thin air as well. Do people around me just love to disappear without informing anyone?

I went to Bill's house but he said that her parents went to pick her up since they have finished their tour. I figured I could question Allie's school teacher since I was still her guardian on paper, but they told me she transferred to another school. I wonder which school would accept another student so close to the examination period? Maybe the principal made an exception since she has such a good grade.

I just thought she would tell me before she left.

"Didn't manage to find Allie at Bill's?" Wanda asked when I came back empty handed. But the thing that gave it away was probably my gloomy face. "Did you manage to find Y/N?"

"No. Why would I be able to find Y/N?" I asked.

"Oh no nothing, I just thought she may appear out of nowhere." I looked at her skeptically but she waved me off and went back to her room.

It was the middle of the day and there was nothing to do so I went to the gym to get some work out in. I've been lagging behind a bit as I was accompanying Allie after she got injured, that kid would just get into trouble the moment I take my eyes off her.

"Miss Y/L/N have just appeared at the entrance of the compound." FRIDAY announced to the people in the compound since Tony set an alert for her.

Anyone who was in the compound dropped what they were doing and rushed to the entrance. Y/N was still checking in with her card when people were jumping onto her and she had to catch them.

"Oww... guys... nice to see you." She greeted as she hugged each one of them.

"Where have you been? How were you able to hide under the radar?" Clint was overjoyed that he got his friend back after so long and nudged her shoulder.

Her face contorted in a grimace of pain and she hissed slightly before replying. "I've just been around." She shook it off.

Wanda slightly pushed me forward when she realised I haven't been saying anything.

"H-hi." I don't know what to say when she's finally in front of me.

"Nat!" She was the one who made the first move and stepped forward. She hugged me and I returned the favour. "How are you doing?"

Before I could reply, Tony swooped in. "Wow, only asking Nat? I'm hurt." He feigned a sad expression and placed a hand over his chest.

"Ohh Tony, how have you been doing?"

We could hear Steve clear his throat and I looked at him. "How long are you planning to hug?" I quickly let go of my arms around her and took a step back.

"Sorry." I guess the time with Allie has let me into this habit. She was hugging me or asking me to carry her.

"No it's alright."

"We should celebrate Y/N coming back!!" Tony exclaimed excitedly.

"NO! I'm really tired. I just want to relax. Maybe just a movie night?"

Everyone nodded their heads. The amount of parties this month was enough, it was getting a bit irritating. One would think Tony is lonely with the amount of parties he hosted.

Third POV
Finally, the complete team of Avengers was sat in front of the huge TV as Y/N chose a movie. They eventually settled for Avatar as they got comfortable in their seats and blankets.

While the movie started playing, Y/N started thinking about what happened even since she left the party a few days ago.

After Bill dropped Any, Mitch and Geroge at their houses, they went to pick up Conan from the house he was residing in. Both of them thought that it was better that they didn't tell anything to their new friends and let them think that it was an occurrence of them moving out because of their parents work. It was very common for kids like them to transfer school quite often.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Conan asked Hailey.

"If you doubt me, you don't have to take it." She replied.

"Well, it's because you aren't taking it."

"Of course I'm not taking it. I have to observe the both of you" She said as she tapped on her clipboard with her pen. "I'm more worried about Y/N with her shoulder injury. I'm not sure how that's going to play out. But I'm worried about Conan not being able to turn back because his reckless ass has been taking a lot of these pills."

"Well, in the worst case scenario, I'm going to end up with a deform arm. It's no problem." Y/N was excited to get back her body and return to the Avengers properly.

"Alright, so take this pill and it should work almost instantly." She handed them each a pill they swallowed with a gulp of water. They felt the usual burning of their bodies and vigorous heart thumping. With a scream they were trying to contain, they finally turned back into their old body.

"Hi Jimmy, nice to finally meet you." Y/N said when she saw him in his full size.

"You too Y/N."

After exchanging a few words and making sure everything was okay, reminding them to check if they felt any discomfort to contact Hailey or Bill immediately, Jimmy went back to his old house which was just the next street. He would still be seeing them a lot since they used to have an ongoing relationship before all these happened.

"You're not going to change back?" Y/N asked when it was just the two of them left.

"I didn't have a life back then. I don't have anyone waiting for me like the both of you. There's no point in me turning back, at least I have a few friends now. It gives me a chance to start from scratch." She explained.

Y/N nodded in understanding, a chance that is rare to come by. "Just remember to keep check of your shoulder. It should still be feeling sore for a few days as it adjusts."

"Thank you. I'll come by when I can."

"Nah, don't come and find me. You'll only bring trouble." She waved her hands and shooed Y/N.

"Hey! You get into more trouble with Conan."

"Yours is more dangerous." This stopped Y/N as she thought. Her's certainly more dangerous.

"You're right. It's dangerous if I'm seen with you. I'd only bring more danger into your life. It's better if we keep apart. But, I'm really thankful for your help." Y/N sincerely said.

"I'd take it as no news means good news." Hailey said as Y/N walked out the front gate. She solemnly nodded before heading off.

After the movie ended, some voted to watch another movie while some voted to retreat back into their room.

"I'm going to sleep. It's been a long day for me." Y/N said yawning as the end credit scene started rolling.

Clint and Natasha both nodded their heads amongst those who wanted to rest.

"See you tomorrow guys." Y/N said, waving while heading towards the elevator. Plagued by her tiredness, she walked towards her room only to be stopped by Natasha.

"You're going into the wrong room."

Y/N looked around and realised she was headed towards Allie's room instead. Her original room was next to Nat's but Allie's was two doors down. "Oh sorry, I wasn't paying attention." She moved to her original room and entered but not before saying goodnight to Natasha. This made Natasha think, why would Y/N unconsciously move to a room that's not hers.

Posted on 9 Oct 2022