1 | Theme park

Natasha made a bet with you and she lost. She actually lost, the Black Widow- okay, that's enough. She's going to kill me if I keep repeating this. The condition was, the loser has to fulfil one wish of the winner.

I have been keeping this trump card that I have for some time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. It's not everyday I can threaten Natasha with something. I mean... how many people can say that and remain alive?

Today, I finally found the right time to use it. Both of us are free from any duties apart from the paperwork which were not urgent. But knowing Natasha she's probably in her office doing them. She has the highest work efficiency rate in SHIELD apart from Commander Hill.

"Natasha!" I burst into her room without knocking. She always rolls her eyes when I do this. She says she hates it but I know she secretly loves it. If she really wanted me to stop, I'm sure there's a million and one way to do so.

"What do you want from me Y/N?" She dropped her pen and slumped back into her chair.

"You remember the bet...?" I wiggled my eyebrows and slowly made my way to the chairs in front of her desk.

"What bet?" Nat tried to wiggle her way out of this by feigning innocence.

"Don't try to lie. A widow never forgets." I reminded her. She always used this phrase when I tried to sneak out of training and begged her to just let me go and I would make it up to her on the next training.

"I want you to go to the themepark with me." I told her.

"Find someone else. Find your girlfriend. Why me???" Natasha shook her head immediately, knocking down the idea. Natasha is not the type to go to a happy place. It doesn't match the vibe she's trying to portray.

"But I don't have one. You're the closest one to a girlfriend. We kissed on a mission before." I remembered the time Natasha took me by surprise when she kissed me on the escalator, trying to evade being seen by a Hydra agent.

"That was for a mission!"

"But you're the only one I've kissed. Come on... please... you promised me." I had to beg her to join even though she was the one who lost the bet. The truth was, I have a crush on her, though I'll never admit it. In our line of work, relationships are something always taken advantage of. She would be safer without me.

"Urgghh... fine." Nat finally gave in after hearing me incessantly begging her. Again, if she really wanted me out, she could have dragged me out of her office and lock it

"Only because I want to get your stupid bet over and done with."

"I can't believe you really thought you would win, against someone with a photographic memory." It was game night but Steve wanted to incorporate some training elements in it so it ended up being 'spot the difference'. Nat and I were always competitive with each other so we threw in a bet to up the stakes. Nat was really confident she could win or tie it, she was close, only missing one minor detail, the colour.

"So when are we going?" Nat glanced back to her computer to key in the information she wrote down.

"Now." I replied.

---

"Alright... stop putting your grumpy pants on and have fun!" I said as I passed her ticket. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest, glancing around as if on a mission. I don't even know if she's been to a theme park before.

Nat reached out her hand to take the ticket but I grabbed it instead and started pulling her around, showing her things she may not have experienced before. "You don't have to drag me!" I probably looked like a hysterical friend, dragging her around to the first line I saw for a ride.

While waiting for our turn on the line, we were talking about others. Mainly how Sam and Pietro always cause trouble around but they do it on a bad timing and have no one else to pin it on. They have been doing this for ages now, they need to buck up their game.

"Other than a photographic memory, I can also tell a person's occupation just by their looks." I carried on with the conversation.

"You don't have to be such a show off." Natasha scoffed.

I could tell from her face that she's not believing my words. "You want to bet again?" I smirked, hoping to bring her down again this time.

"I'm not stupid to do it again."

"Fine. Anyway, the lady in front of us is a gymnast." Nat rolled her eyes as if I'm speaking nonsense. I tapped the lady's shoulders and introduced myself. I explained to her that my friend doesn't believe that you're a gymnast and she widened her eyes.

"How do you know I'm a gymnast?" She expressed.

"When I shook your hand I felt the callus on your palm. You must be practising for a long time."

"That's amazing!"

I left her to her friends and went back to Natasha. "Believe me now?" She could only sighed and shocked her head. We moved forwards slightly. We were reaching the front of the line and it's nearly our turn.

"Okay, I may have seen the mark underneath her skirt when the wind blew." I was talking about the horizontal line that went across both legs. A gymnast has to swing on the bar so that's where she got it from.

"Pervert."

"It was an accident. I wasn't looking for it." I defended myself.

It was soon our turn and we took our seats on the roller coaster, placed the guard in front of us and waited for the roller coaster to move off. " Hey, do you know what's my favourite line from Sherlock Holmes?" I nudged her side playfully.

"Do you want me to ride the roller coaster or listen to your rambling? I heard it enough in the compound!" Natasha sounds frustrated.

"Sorry." It wasn't my intention to make this trip a bad one. I just didn't want to give Natasha time to think about her work. It was meant to be a relaxing trip, but I guess I ruined it.

"If I were assured of your destruction eventuality I would, in the interest of the public, cheerfully accept my death. Of course I know. You repeated it countless times. I can't even forget it if I tried." Nat chuckled lightly, alleviating the pressure slightly. 

Posted on 1/1/2022

First book of the new year yayyy!

I'll be writing this book as I go. So updates would not be as regular as my past.