6 | School

The way back was quiet with tension. Everyone was not in the bright mood they were in earlier, with the exception of Nat, she was already in a bad mood and now I could even feel the winter wind in the car.

"Is it possible to drop me at Bill's place?" I said quietly, not sure if she heard me. I didn't receive a reply but I didn't ask again. However, through the window I recognised that we were heading towards that direction and I knew she heard me.

"I need to talk to Bill about something." Nat left the car with me and we headed in together after pressing the doorbell. I was left in the living room as Nat dragged Bill across to the kitchen where I couldn't hear them.

I turned on the TV and watched the random news for a few minutes before they came back out. "Are you staying or going back for dinner?" Nat spoke with no emotion. She was still mad about my actions earlier.

"I'll be going back."

"Okay, I'll pick you up at six." With that, she left us.

"Natasha told me what happened at the mall." I didn't reply and just left the living room to head towards his lab in the basement.

"You need to be more careful Y/N... you're no longer as strong as you used to be." I reached the table that was filled with chemicals he was working on. I picked one test tube up and brought it towards the light, swirling it to guess the content.

"She also talked to me about getting you to school so I said I'll set it up for you." Hearing that, my hand slipped as I was pouring chemicals from one test tube to another. A small explosion occurred in front of my face causing me to cough out smoke.

I set them back on the rack and wiped my glasses off the scoot so I could see clearly. "What? School? I'm 30, I don't need school." I scoffed.

"They are going to be suspicious of you if you're not going to attend. You know you're going to pass with flying colours so why are you worried?"

"Just help me get a new phone. I don't know where mine went."

Bill suddenly became worried. "Are you sure you didn't drop it at the crime scene?"

"I don't think so. Police would have called and no one came to the compound to find me."

Second POV
Natasha knew close to nothing about taking care of a child. She didn't even know why she took this job without a second thought. She was supposed to be looking for you but the arrival of Allison took her mind away from you.

You could be in danger and she wouldn't know, dead even and she would be sitting in the compound without any knowledge.

"Still nothing of Y/N?" Natasha asked when she got back to the compound. Wanda had gone back to her room to pack her stuff that she bought at the mall. The clothes she bought were closely similar to Nat's taste. She looks up to Natasha but she wouldn't admit it.

"Nothing. Don't you think it's time to give up?" Tony let out a sigh as he turned away from the screen to face Nat. He has been running all sorts of identifiers he could think of but they were all negative results. "It's like she vanished from the face of the earth. If she's not dead and wants us to find her, we would have found her long ago."

"I'm not giving up! IF SHE'S ALIVE, I WANT TO SEE HER WALKING. IF SHE'S DEAD, I WANT TO SEE HER BODY! I will not rest until I find her!" Natasha finished her piece before storming off to her room. 

Nat sat at the edge of her bed, reminiscing the time spent together at the theme park before you disappeared. One day she was happy and the next it's all gone. "You said see you later... I'm going to see you again right?"

Suddenly she perked up, she's not going to allow herself to be wallowing in sadness. She marched down to the training room where Steve was and gave him a huge punch unannounced.

He looked at Nat with his eyes wide open, not remembering doing anything that would make Nat angry but steadied himself quickly, knowing she needed to get her feelings out due to recent events.

---

While Wanda was chatting with Pietro in his room, she received a call from an unknown number. People don't usually call her or have her phone number so she picked up the phone wearily with her brother next to her.

Unknown

Hello?

Hello? Wanda?

Allison? How did you get my number?

Uhh... I-
It's already six, may I know if Nat's coming to pick me up?
Or should I stay here?
I tried calling her phone but she didn't pick up

Ohh. Alright.
I'll come to pick you up, it's fine.
I'll tell Nat about it.

Okay.
Thank you so much.

No worries. I'll be there soon.

Wanda hung up the phone and went to find Natasha. "FRIDAY, where's Nat?" Wanda asked the AI.

"Ms Romanoff is currently in the training room with Mr Rogers." The AI replied.

She left her brother's room to inform Natasha that she's going to pick you up. Nat offered to go since she was the one who said that she would pick you up but Wanda said she was fine picking you up and Nat should release her anger.

"I could feel that she was sad for making you angry, Nat." Displaying her emotions and comforting people were not her strong suit but you did really scare her. All she did was raise her voice at you and didn't offer an ounce of concern, though Nat was sure you weren't hurt. She wouldn't allow it to happen.

"I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone."

"Don't say it to me."

Posted on 25 Jan 2022