39 | Interrogation

Third POV
"What's your name?" The redhead asked. The woman in captivity only looked at her and didn't answer the question. "Alright, next question. How long have you been working for Hydra?" Silence surrounds them and Natasha knew it wasn't going anywhere with this. If she wasn't answering simple questions, she wouldn't answer the tougher ones.

"Look, you failed your mission and you're not going to be able to go back alive. So why don't you start cooperating so we can help you?" Natasha closed her file and looked at the girl.

"Why did you work for Hydra?" The girl was still quiet like she's not in this room. This led Natasha to think if she was still being brain controlled.

"Y/N Y/L/N." The girl finally said something. She looked down on her hands that were cuffed.

"That's a start." Natasha commented. "Anything else?"

"I've killed 53 people over 4 years. 20 of them with a knife, 15 of them through poisoning,18 of them using accidental death and... failed 1."

"So we were your first loss." Agent Romanoff thought to herself that it was safe now as the agent in front of her has deemed her mission to have failed. And as a mind controlled agent, once you're told that the mission has ended. You wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Y/N flinched a little when Natasha stood from her seat but continued facing down. "We should be able to find a place for you here." Natasha went closer to Y/N and removed her handcuffs. "You still have to stay in this room for a while until we settle everything but it should be too long."

That was the first that they conversed. It took a long time before Y/N was allowed to do anything without supervision but it was still faster than most people they extracted. Solely because Natasha thinks that she still has control of her own mind and was able to answer the questions.

She had to go through a lot of psychiatry tests to make sure she was safe to join as an agent and not be a threat to her teammates.

---

Y/N read through the files that Natasha had collected about her. She remembers everything that happens after she joined SHIELD so she only needed to confirm her memories were correct. Nevertheless, she flipped through the mission reports to make sure she didn't miss anything. There was nothing amiss with the bases she had infiltrated and didn't particularly take anything so what could it be they wanted?

"You're going to make your lips bleed if you continue biting on them." Y/N lifted her head and saw Nat standing there looking around the room. "I tried texting and calling you but you weren't answering."

Y/N dropped the file and searched her pocket for her phone and saw the missed calls and texts. "Ahh sorry, I have my phone on mute."

Natasha stared at her, not saying anything.

"Do you need me?"

"Ah no, just you missed dinner so the team told me to come and get you since you weren't answering your phone. Want a ride back?"

"It's alright, I'll order takeout. I probably won't be back so early today." She nodded before leaving Y/N alone.

Natasha POV
I figured Y/N would be too deep into researching whatever she was doing and neglect eating so I went to the nearest McDonalds to get her a burger before going back to SHIELD to find her. But from what I briefly saw earlier, she was reading through her own files. Why does she need to do that if she has photographic memory, surely she remembers what she wrote.

When I got back, Y/N wasn't there anymore, the files were still on the table but she's gone. My mind started spiraling. She's gone. Where did she go? What if she left again without saying anything? I didn't get to say much to her yet.