24 | Everything is wrong

Bucky came quickly as soon as he could and started driving back. There wasn't an injury with Nat but she wasn't waking up no matter how much you called for her. Now the two women were in the emergency room and everyone was hoping they would be fine. They waited anxiously outside the door, hoping for any positive news that would come their way.

Bruce came out and all attention was on him. He took a breath before saying. "Wanda has passed the critical stage. What we can do now is wait for her to wake up." Everyone nodded their head when they heard the news, unable to decide if it was a positive one. It was not the best but at least it was not the worst.

"As for Nat," He continued. "There were no external injuries and we can't seem to find what's wrong with her so we have to wait for her to wake up before we figure things out." He informed. He felt guilty not being able to bring any good news to his friends.

"They are in their individual rooms and you are free to visit them." He finished his reporting before leaving to change out of his working gown.

You went into Wanda's room to check on her. You needed your buddy, your ally, your confidant. After making sure everything was in the right place, you went to Nat's room.

Only Clint was in the room taking care of his good friend. "How is Nat?" You asked as you climbed onto one of the chairs.

"She's doing better than Wanda." Clint said and you rolled your eyes. Of course Nat was doing better. She's not even hooked to anything. "Watch her for me, I'm gonna make myself a coffee."

You took this opportunity to step closer to Nat, holding her hand. "Please wake up." As if answering to your command, Nat opened her eyes and you pushed yourself on her bed to look at her. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" You asked worriedly.

Nat looked at you with a confused look on her face. "Who are you?" All the strength left your body and you fell to the floor. "Are you okay?" She sat up to check on you. It looked like you fell harshly to her.

"I- I am going to get the doctor." You immediately find Bruce, telling him of the situation. Everyone crowded in her while you hid in Wanda's.

"She forgot about me Wanda... Was it me she forgot or was it Allie?" You mumbled to the sleeping figure in front of you. You couldn't bear to be met with the reality that she has forgotten all about you.

While you were in Wanda's room, Bruce brought Natasha for a CT scan. There was no sign of neurological complication, memory loss or damage so he could only conclude it was due to the shock she received. We can only hope she will slowly recover her memory in time.

Since there was no other reason to stay in the medbay, Steve guided Nat to her room.

"Who is that?" Nat asked, pointing to a framed photo at her desk.

Steve smiled, shaking his head with a sigh. "That's Y/N. She's an Avenger too, but she went missing a few months ago. The both of you were extremely close." Nat picked up the frame and looked at it intently. Your arm was wrapped around her shoulders as both of you were enjoying the ice cream cones. Both of you were laughing at something and seemed to be free of any burden and worry. "She was the only one who could bring that smile out of you." Steve said.

"What about the kid? I saw her earlier."

"You mean Allison? You brought her back to the compound one day saying she was a niece of someone you knew. Her mum came by a few weeks back but her parents needed to leave again, so she's staying here for the time being."

Natasha nodded, taking in all the information. "I'll leave you to rest first, but you are always welcome to find me for help." Steve offered before closing the door behind him.

---

Over the next few days, Nat started learning a lot around the compound. After all, Nat was still Nat. Her ability to learn things and take in information was still there. There was always someone around her, mostly Clint. Since you still had to go to school.

"How is Nat?" Bill asked. You had told him about what happened at the hotel the other day.

"She's not remembering anything." You told him disappointedly. It's not going to be easy to get back her memory.

"The kids were pestering me to bring them to the theme park. Do you want to go? Perhaps you can bring Nat along." Bill asked you as he dropped you off at the compound.

"I'll see how she's feeling." You closed the door before walking in.

You could hear Clint talking to Nat, complimenting her at her interrogation skills, sharp shooting skills and lie detection.

"Hey kiddo." Clint said when he saw you coming in.

"Hey Clint, hey Nat." You greeted them, not wanting to be rude. You took the seat next to them and extended the invitation to join you at the theme park with the rest of your friends. Clint said he would join and it would be a nice change of environment and Nat nodded along.

Satisfied with their answer, you went to find Wanda in her room. There was still no sign of her waking up but she wasn't in any danger. Bruce was optimistic in her waking up soon.

"Hey, Wanda. I'm going to the theme park with Nat again. With the other kids and Clint this time. How I wish you can join us too." As expected, there was no answer from her. Tony came in and surprisingly didn't make any snarky remarks.

"How are you coping?" He asked.

"I am only a kid. I don't have much to worry about." I said before picking up my bag and leaving for my room.

Posted on 3 Jul 2022