thirty nine

chapter thirty nine:

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I didn't mean to!"
———

Apparently Gorya and Lia had a completely different definition of a "small get together" because it seemed like the entirety of the students at Köcher high school were at the Nakamura estate. In fact, some parents even accompanied their kids. Gorya took out her phone, the one that Thyme had given her, and messaged Lia to ask her where she was. The girl responded almost instantly, "I'm greeting people but we're all meeting in the pool room in fifteen minutes. It's on the second floor and the last room at the end of the hall," the text read.

Gorya made her way up the staircase. She squeezed herself past several frilly dresses and hoards of students whilst continuously muttering "excuse me" over and over again. She was getting tired of the constant "why is she here?" whispers from the other attendees. Nevertheless, she reminded herself that she had the right to be at this party. It was a party that was supposed to wish her friends safe travels on their journey to Europe. She wouldn't miss it for the world.

Once she reached the top of the stair case she couldn't help but feel a small sense of dejavú. Lia also had security guards at the top of the stairs to prevent guests from wandering around just like Mira did at her party. The difference was that when Gorya went to pull out her phone to text someone to let her in, she was surprised when the guards graciously parted to let her through to the second level.

"Welcome Ms. Gorya," the two of them said in unison. She bowed and slowly made her way down the long hallway. She opened one of the doors at the end of the hallway and let out a yelp.

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I didn't mean to!," she said, abruptly covering her eyes once she processed the scene in front of her.

Vinny was startled by the sounds of her screeches. Actually, Vinny was startled at the fact that someone had opened his bedroom door. Just as his temper began to rise he noticed who the intruder was, "oh!" he stated with a charming smile, "hi Gorya! Are you alright?". She nodded furiously, still covering her eyes with her hands, "I'm sorry for walking in on you," she said in a small voice. It took a second for him to process why she was so flustered until he took note of his appearance.

Moments before Gorya stumbled into his room, Vinny had just gotten out of the shower. He, luckily, was wearing pants but lacked any clothing on the upper portion of his body. A small selection of tattoos decorated his back, torso, and lower abdomen region. His hair was still damp from the water and looked darker than usual. It draped in front of his eyes. The darker-than-usual colour made his silver earring stand out more than usual. Vincent chucked and grabbed a shirt off of his bed. "It's just a human body, Gorya," he teased, beginning to put on the shirt.

"I know that!," she stuttered whilst peaking through her fingers. She felt like a pervert as she silently inspected his body — especially since she was sort of in a relationship with Thyme. "Staring isn't polite," he hummed. At this point, his shirt was already on and he moved to the dresser to pick out his jewelry.

"Why do you have so many tattoos? Don't your parents mind?"

Vincent let out a dry laugh, "I thought you were smarter than that Gorya. Have you still not looked up my family online?". She shook her head. "I guess that's for the better then. What are you doing in my room anyways?," he questioned, slowly approaching her. They were standing — quite literally — an arms length away, close enough to where she could smell the scent of shampoo from his hair.

"I was looking for the pool room," she whispered.

Vincent broke out into a large grin and grabbed her shoulders. He spun her around and began pushing her to the room right next to his.

"What a coincidence! That's just where I was heading!". The french doors of the pool room opened to reveal their friend group chatting away on the sofas. They were all laughing at something stupid Kavin said before greeting the two new people that just entered the room.

"Lia," Vinny yelled, still standing at the doors. Liliana snapped her head towards his direction. She typically would respond in a rather annoyed tone but her eyes trailed down to take in the entirety of Vinny. "What the fuck are you wearing? A t-shirt and sweats? Vin I told you to come get me when you finished your shower!," she stated as she rushed towards him.

Vinny pointed his thumb at Gorya, "I was going to but then this one accidentally came in and startled me," he said in a voice that only the three of them could hear. Lia let out a small "ahh" and Gorya's face began to heat up as she recalled the incident.

"We'll be right back!" Lia announced grabbing V's hand. She paused and turned around, "Ren, do you want to come with?"

Ren practically jumped out of his chair and sprinted to follow them to Vincent's room.

———a/n

so i didn't update this whole weekend... oops?

IN OTHER NEWS (if u follow me u already know this) PARADISE IS OFFICIALLY THE MOST READ F4 THAILAND FANFIC ON WATTPAD!!!! (woo!)