thirty six

chapter thirty six:

"I hope we continue to be great friends"
———

Ren was distraught. He couldn't believe that Liliana was leaving. Ren wasn't sure how to feel about European countries anymore. This was the second time that the girl he was interested in left Thailand to go to Europe.

"Good evening," Roselyn stated into a microphone as her voice boomed over the event, halting the current discussion that Ren, Lia, Kavin, MJ, and Vinny were about to have. Though, it was mostly just going to be between Ren and Lia, if we're being completely honest. "The Paranaanatra family welcomes everyone who honors us with their presence at Thyme's birthday party," Roselyn continued, "And I am pleased to meet special guests, every one of them. I would like to give a special thanks to Liliana Nakamura and Vincent Genovese for attending my son's party. I hope we continue to be great friends,".

Lia internally scoffed at her comment. But on the outside, Lia smiled brightly and clapped along with the other audience members. She knew very well how important it was to keep up an elegant appearance in the presence of strangers.

"But this year is even more special. There is a special family who has come to our event for the first time, they are the Empiccas."

Vinny and Lia quickly turned to make eye contact witch each other. They were very well acquainted with the Empicca family. After all, Lia's dad went to college with Mr. Empicca. Thus, they were often invited to go on trips together — which Vinny would often tag along to. Vincent was a little worried to meet the daughter of the Empicca family: Lalita. The last time they saw each other was when they were twelve and Lita tried to toss him off of a yacht for stealing  one of her chips. Although they were good friends with her, Lia and Vinny knew damn well what type of person Lita was. She was a hurricane that had no sympathy for anything that got in her way. But just like an actual hurricane, if you were lucky enough you could stand in the one spot of peace. That spot was reserved for Lita's friends and only her friends.

"You all know that the EPC Group is well renowned in the business scene, and I..." Roselyn's speech was cut off by the sound of security guards yelling. "Get here!," they screamed as they chased after a girl. Eventually, the chase ended up interrupting the event as the girl jumped over a bush. "And I'm ready to support new blood in the scene," Roselyn continued after she grasped the situation at hand, "For a closer, stronger relationship between our two families...". The girl pushed other attendees to the side as she continued to sprint away from the guards. She could only thank the fact that she had opted to wear sneakers instead of heels, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten as far as she did.

"...I am pleased to inform everyone here that..."

The girl ducked to avoid a guard and ended up crashing into Gorya. Both of them tumbled to the floor and winced at the sudden impact. Gorya got up and looked into the eyes of the girl who had crashed into her.

"this girl is Lita," Roselyn stated pointing towards the girl on top of Gorya, "Lalita Empicca. And she is to be engaged to Thyme,".

Cameras began flashing as the journalists began to record the scene. Thyme, along with the rest of his friends, stared at Roselyn in surprise and horror.

"Lita," Vinny stated, tapping the girl on her shoulder. Lalita turned around and saw her two childhood friends and smiled, "L&V! I haven't seen you guys in ages!". She gladly accepted Vincent's extended hand and got up off the floor. "Lita, the cake here is incredible you have to try it," Vinny whispered in her ear before also helping Gorya get up.

Lita's smile increased. The only two people who were allowed in her 'eye of the hurricane' where peace existed were standing right in front of her. She rushed and gave Lia a huge hug, which she returned.

Their reunion wasn't as long as they hoped. Thyme was currently being held down by two security guards and he was trying to resist against them. Luckily, Kavin grabbed a random key from the gift table and tossed it in his direction. Thyme caught the key and began to book it to the exit, dragging along Gorya with him.

At least, he thought it was Gorya.

In reality Thyme dragged Lalita Empicca, his soon to be wife, along with him in his attempt to escape.

——————special a/n

New Book (for those interested in seeing more of Vinny)!!!

The whole book will only be around 6-10 chapters so it's relatively short! :)I'll update whenever I can (chapter one is currently out!)

I'll update whenever I can (chapter one is currently out!)