eighty-one: memory lost

Start from the beginning

"Will you come back after college? To Beacon Hills?" Danielle inquired, turning towards the werewolf.

The Stallard girl stared at her ceiling, thinking about what her answer would be, what it should be. Kennedy exhaled through her nose, shaking her head. "I don't know," She confessed, the pair falling into a comfortable silence.

Ben Stallard poked his head in the door, "Girls, I have to head down to the station. Amanda's working her shift at the nursing home, will you two be alright?" He asked as he looked between the auburn-haired and pink-haired girls.

"We'll be fine, Dad," Kennedy said as she leaned up onto her elbows. "Have a good day, or night,"

Ben chuckled with a small wink a he closed the bedroom door. Kennedy and Danielle looked towards Kennedy's phone, where it was going off. Kennedy slid off her mattress, walking up onto the platform. She clicked the green button, "Stiles?" The pink-haired werecoyote frowned as she watched Kennedy lean onto her desk, listening to her boyfriend. Kennedy tried to ask questions, but Stiles didn't give her any time before hanging up.

As the call came to an end, Danielle sat up, putting her hands in her lap. "Does he think it's something supernatural?" Danielle asked as she tilted her head.

The Stallard girl sighed as she shrugged. "I don't know, but I think we're going to find out,"

༺❀༻

Lydia Martin sat in the car with shattered windows and a missing door. Kennedy was in the passenger side, her hand on the dashboard as she kneeled towards the shattered windshield. Lydia looked at her reflection in the mirror, humming in thought.

Stiles Stilinski shot up from the back seat of the car, looking between the two girls with alerted eyes. "What?" He asked the redhead.

Lydia looked at her reflection, putting her hand to her face. "This is a perfect shade for me. I forgot the name."

"Can we please stay on topic here?" Stiles hissed bitterly as he looked at Lydia with an annoyed expression. Danielle and Scott were outside of the car, looking around it in thought.

The Martin shook her head in annoyance. "I'm not getting anything." Lydia said back. A howl caused everyone to look back. Kennedy sighed as she grabbed Lydia's bag, the two girls and Stiles climbing out of the car. The coyote with glowing blue eyes came running, barking as it did. Within moments, the coyote transformed into a teenage girl. Malia Tate. The girl stood up, naked, her eyes changing from the glowing blue to their natural brown. Danielle walked around the car, standing next to Scott as Lydia walked over with a change of clothes for the Tate. "I don't think they're dead," Lydia told them.

"They're dead. Probably torn apart," Malia commented blandly as she started pulling on clothes. "The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood."

Lydia shook her head. "They're not dead. If they were dead, I'd sense it."

"If they were alive, I'd smell it." Dani chimed in as she crossed her arms.

Scott spoke up, "Yeah, I'm not getting anything either." He confessed next to Danielle.

Stiles looked over, "Scott, what are you talkin' about? You were in his head for four minutes. I timed it."

"Well, it's not an exact science." Scott pointed out to the human boy. "And he's a kid. Maybe he's too freaked out to remember."

Malia grabbed her shorts from Lydia as she spoke up. "Why does it matter if they're dead? Dead is dead." She commented as she pulled them on.

"Okay, if it's just a robbery, we can't help them." Said Stiles, looking at the Tate. "And if it's something supernatural, my dad can't help them."