Chapter 17

I'm sorry for not updating for some time.

I'm still in a bit of a writer's block

I reread my story and

why?

why do you guys even bother?

Its so horrible i couldn't stop laughing

But anyways

thanks for the awesome comments

I really appreciate it

now on to the story

________________

*karkat's POV*

(y/n) handed me a piece of paper and before I had time to say anything, I was locked out of the house. With a groan, I read the writing on the page. It was a sloppily written shopping list with a bunch of scribbles on it. Oh well

After about an hour of shopping for more unnecessary shit, I finally made my way back to (y/n)'s house. I kicked the front door with my leg until she finally opened it. Her eyes wandeered to the bags as her grin grew. I let out a groan and pushed past her, placing the bags down in the kitchen.

"Did you get everything?" She giggled, closing the door and unpacking the groceries. I nodded, sitting down on the couch. There were already balloons and streamers everywhere.

"Karkat?" (Y/n)'s voice echoed from the kitchen. I groaned, hoping she didn't hear. "Did you get John a present?" I grunted, getting up and walking into the kitchen where she was sitting.

"What do you think?" she rolled her eyes, setting up the final decorations.

"You should get ready, the guests should be arriving any minute now" the doorbell rang just as she said that. I let out a sigh and slumped myself in a chair. She instead smiled and rushed over to open the door. She semeed in an awfuly good mood. Can't say the same for myself.

"Hey Karkitty" a high pitched voice said. Shit. I knew that voice. It was Nepeta. I hesitantly turned around to face her as she wrapped her arms around me, smiling. I saw (y/n) out of the corner of my eye. She led the other guests in and turned to face me. Her smile instantly faded but soon returned. Although it looked insincere.

Soon After, everyone arrived. The living room was crowded with trolls and humans as we waited for John to arrive. The doorknob clicked as we all fell silent. The door swung open and John walked in. "Hey gu-"

"Happy wriggling day!" Everyone shouted in unision. I'm not sure if that was the correct term to use for a human but he didn't seem to mind. (Y/n) was the first to give him a hug, saying whatever. I stayed on the couch while everyone continued to exchange hugs with John. This is stupid.

****timeskip****

It has begun to get dark and Gamzee seemed to be the life of the party. (y/n) still hasn't talked to me, and it bothered me a bit. Ok. A lot

I couldn't stand not talking to her. It just hurt in the chest. Like getting stabbed. And I hated it.

I took my chance when I saw her leave to her room to get something. I followed her upstairs and stood outside her room before gaining enough courage to enter. "(y/n), I'm sorry-"

"Its ok," her voice sounded hollow, like she didn't mean it. Her smile looked fake. This wasn't right.

I walked up to her, giving her a hug. "I don't know what I did wrong. Whatever it was, I'm sorry. I can't stand having you ignore me. It hurts me on the inside." I whispered, planting a kiss on her forehead. She looked up at me with a smile, a genuine one.

"It's ok. Really," she kissed me on the lips softly as I deepened the kiss, pulling her closer. I was glad everything was ok now. One more minute and I would have snapped.

___________________

I'll do a lemon chapter next.

If any of you are uncomfortable with lemon,

You won't be missing anything.

I'll summarize it all later

for now

I hope you enjoyed this chapter