It's not your fault...(Mark x Bucky)

Another oneshot because I haven't done one in a while. Enjoy!

(Also, this is based of RisingDarkness0 's fanfic Unexpected Love, so check that out too.)
___________________________________

Roy was mad. He was more then mad, he was furious. He and the rest of the team were coming back from the forest. But they weren't coming back from a rescue mission. They were coming back from rescuing one of their own. 

Somehow, Poacher had escaped from prison and had attacked Poli while he went on patrol. They found him, but not before he was hurt very badly. 

But on the way back, Roy thought that there was only one way that Poacher could've escaped. The Mountain Rescue Team was supposed to take care of him and put him behind bars, but Roy thought that something must've happened. And he thought that it was the Mountain Rescue Team that was behind it.

Back at headquarters, Bucky was waiting for both the rescue team and Mark to come back to the rescue center. Jin had called both of them and told them what happened, but Mark had something to take care of, and he said that he'd be there later.

Minutes later, Bucky saw the rescue team come back, and he transformed to go over and meet them.

"You guys! Jin called us and told us what happened. Poli, are you-" He stopped talking and froze in shock as he looked at the police car's mangled body. "Poli, what-"

All of a sudden, in a fit of rage, Roy lunged forward, grabbed Bucky by the arm and threw him backwards into a wall. Bucky felt immediate pain but shook it off and stood up. "Roy, what-"

"Here's a better question, how could you and Mark let Poacher escape and harm Poli!" Roy screamed in anger. The rest of them were shocked to see their friend act like this, but they didn't have time to react as Roy grabbed hold of Bucky once again and pinned him to the wall glaring at him.

" Poli got hurt because you and Mark didn't work hard enough to make sure that this didn't happen, it's your fault that he's hurt, your fault that he's in pain! Why are you a rescuer if you can't even keep your own friends safe? Your weak, useless, the only reason you act like you're strong is because you always have Mark backing you up! Without him, you're nothing!"

"Roy, leave him alone, it's not his fault," Poli said, but none of them were strong enough to hold Roy back, let alone stop him. Roy threw Bucky onto the ground and started beating him up, punching and scratching and hitting him as hard as he could.

After those speed run attacks, Bucky collapsed on the ground, crying and in pain. 

He couldn't believe what just happened. All those years ago, he'd gotten hurt differently by someone he trusted, and now it was happening again.

A/N First story reference. Read it so it makes sense.

Roy raised his arm once again, and Bucky braced himself for another hit, but it never came. Instead, he heard someone yell, "Leave him alone Roy!"

Looking up, Bucky was relived to see Mark holding Roy's arm preventing him to hit him again. Roy's eyes flashed from anger to surprise then anger again.

"You, do you know how-"

"How what, instead of coming here seeing you guys talking with each other I see you beating up my boyfriend!?" Mark shouted. " None of this is our fault, we didn't know that he had escaped from his cell, but you don't stop to think once that there could be a different explanation!"

Roy froze, finally realizing what he had done. He felt really guilty about what he'd just done. "Y-you guys, I-I-"

"Save it," Mark said, picking Bucky up and allowing him to nuzzle inside his body. "You can come talk to us when you're calmed down and ready to apologize."

He then turned away and began to walk back to the rescue center, leaving all four of them stunned into silence.

_________________________________________

Bucky was sitting down while Mark treated his injuries. He hissed in pain as he disinfected one of his wounds. 

"Hey, you alright?" Mark asked. Bucky let out a small laugh as he looked up at Mark. "That's a stupid question." He answered.  That sent the two boys laughing before they quieted down. Mark heard a gasp and looked up to see Bucky crying. "That night, the night that someone abused me, I thought nothing like this would ever happen again, but I guess I was wrong. Roy was right. I am weak. I can't even protect myself, let alone my friends." , Mark open his mouth but was cut off by Bucky.

"You're everyone's favorite. You're always able to talk to anyone, to make friends with anyone, to protect yourself and those you care about, but I'm just no one! I can't talk to people like you do, even in Tresureville, everyone loved you, while I had trouble just talking to people! Roy was right, it is my fault, always my fault." By now Bucky was shaking with tears coming out from his eyes. He hid his face in his hands, and felt Mark's arm's wrap around him and pull him close to his body.

"Hey, buddy, listen to me," Mark said. Bucky looked up to see Mark's face. He gently wiped the tears from Bucky's face. 

"It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, I don't care what anyone say's about us, none of this is your fault. It was wrong for Roy to hurt you like that, to say those things about you, but none of those things are true. You are perfect just the way you are. You are not weak, you're strong, and a great rescuer. Nothing anyone says will ever change my mind about you."

Despite having tears fall from his eyes, Bucky managed a small smile and wrapped his arms around Mark's body. "Thank you Mark, thank you so much." He said tearfully. Mark smiled and wrapped a blanket around Bucky's body and kissed the top of his head.

"Love you buddy, now get some sleep. You've had a tough day." He responded. Bucky nodded and closed his eyes, whispering "I love you," before falling asleep. 

______________________________

Alright, I hoped you all enjoyed, I took a lot of time writing this.

Byeee~