Lloyd Garmadon| Skye Walker

I squinted as I followed my parents through the desert, hoping my motorcycle would be able to keep up without falling apart. It wasn't often that I was able to take my own creations out and when my parents said we were going to visit Jay, I knew I had to drive it.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to last much longer so unless we were going to stop soon, I was going to need to make my own emergency stop.

"Oh honey, look!" My mother's crackled over the radio I had planted near the controls on my bike. "It's your brother and his friends!"

I squinted but I realized I wouldn't be able to see anything because of the dust and sand being thrown up behind my parents vehicle. So I had to force my bike to go a little bit faster so I could pull up beside them to see what they were talking about.

There, in the middle of a sand dune, laid a huge ship. And outside that ship was my brother and his ninja friends. At least I assumed they were his ninja friends.

"Oh Jay dear!" My parents were so excited to see Jay but they were also excited to see the pile of junk they had accidentally ran into.

I heard Jay introducing them to everyone but I was too preoccupied with my bike to pay them any attention. She was smoking too much for it to be normal and I knew I had to fix her.

"Excuse me, young lady." I felt something touch my shoulder and I looked behind me to see an old man with a long white beard and a wooden staff. "Do you need help with your vehicle?"

"Ah, um," I felt slightly embarrassed as he asked that. I had stopped asking my parents for help a long time ago because I realized that I would never learn if I kept asking for help. "Do you have any place where I could dock her to look at her? This sun and sand isn't helping me."

"Of course. Nya!" The old man called out and a girl around my age came jogging up to us. Her eyes roved over my bike before landing on me.

"You must be Jay's sister, Skye. It's nice to meet you, I'm Nya." She held her hand out and I could see it was just as rough and calloused as mine.

"Nice to meet you too." I remember Jay speaking of a Nya. He actually wouldn't shut up about her. But he had made me promise to not tell mom and dad about his crush so I didn't.

"Nya, could you help Skye load her bike onto the ship so she can work on it?"

"Of course, Sensei Wu." Nya hurried back onto the ship and I stared at the old man, Sensei Wu. He gave me a smile, his white beard and mustache moving and I could see wisdom in his dark eyes. He felt trustworthy.

"Here we go!" Nya helped me load the bike onto a pulley system to get it onto the ship and then we stored it in one of many rooms.

I gave her a slight bow, "Thank you."

I heard my brother's loud, slightly high pitched voice that most consider annoying and I turned to see him leading our parents around alongside his ninja friends which I haven't been introduced to yet.

"Woah." One of them, dressed in all black along with messy black hair, stopped Jay by raising his arm. "Who's that?"

"Who?" My brother looked around before noticing me and Nya. "Oh, that's my sister." Jay's eyes narrowed as he glared at his friend, "Don't even think about it, Cole."

The ninja, Cole, held up his hands. "I'm not!"

I shook my head as I joined my brother. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends Jay?" I gave Cole the best smile I could muster, "I'm Skye."

"I'm the earth ninja, Cole." He gave me a wink as he smiled at me.

"And I'm the fire ninja, aka the best one, Kai." Another ninja in all red came up to me, turning up the charm as he grabbed my hand, holding it gently between his hands.