Chapter Twentyone

Jisoo was prepared for the dinner. She was dressed in a shoulder free A line dress which the maids brought to her. The dress wasn't her own but apparently the palace offered a large choice of clothes for guests who stayed over. They could even redress an entire banquet in case everyone would spill drinks on their dress.

A servant was showing her the way to Akito's room which was located in a completely different wing than her room. As she entered the room a maid was already putting plates on a table. Akito, who was observing her work, perked up as soon as she entered. "Your timing is perfect. And you look stunning, my Lady." She wasn't even dolled up, only wore a nicer dress and still, he complimented her what made her heart jump once. Aktio himself wore nicer clothes too which made him look more appealing than before. "Thank you. You're handsome as well." He had already walked towards her so he could lead her to the table. After pulling out the chair for her, Jisoo sat down and oversaw the table. Akito sat down on the opposite of her and the maid had finished serving. She finished by pulling off the cloche of the plates so the still hot meal was revealed and said a few brief words. "Today the kitchen serves a fine meal with duck, a light cream sauce and potatoes. Accompanied served will be a rich red wine which harmonies with the duck meat." The maid poured them both wine and left them alone.

"The food looks incredible~" Her eyes were sparkling. Not even her family's chef would serve such exquisite meals. "I'm glad it's to your liking, enjoy it." They started to eat and had a light casual talk. Only half through their meal she became aware of his room. It was more fancy and spacious than anything she had seen before. If she wouldn't know it better, she would think this room belonged to a prince. "What are you looking at?" His voice made her snap out of it. "Oh- I just thought that your room is so nice." "My room?" He almost snorted at her sudden topic change. "If you like my room, would you rather want to stay here than the guest room?" "You would let me stay here?" 'Over night?' is what she thought but didn't say out loud. "Yes, I would let you." She blushed brightly but mostly because of her lewd thoughts of what might happen if she stayed the night.

Akito didn't fail to notice her shyness. He couldn't help but want to tease her more. Her blush was the most lovely he had ever seen. "You must know, my bed is incredibly soft. It feels like sleeping on clouds~" "R-really." "Would you like to try it out yourself?" "Me? On y-your bed?" She stuttered flustered. "You don't want to be on my bed?" Now Aktio put on an glum act which reminded her of a sad puppy. "That's not what I mean- of course I want to be on your bed! I've always wanted to be in your bed!" Fervently she tried to save the situation without noticing he was playing a joke on her until he bursted out with an held back laughter. "Hahaha~" "Ah- You were messing with me!?" "Haha, I apologize but you were too precious." While he was laughing delightful and removing a tear of joy, Jisoo was hiding her flushed face behind her hands. This was too much for her. "You can't tease me like that.." "Forgive me, I won't do it again." With a still covered face she shook her head. What she didn't saw was that her prince had risen from his chair and walked over to her side.

"Let me make up with a little gift on reconcilation." Slightly startled from his suddenly close voice, she removed her hands only to see him kneeling next to her chair. As soon as her face was free again he reached up to cup her cheek. They both looked deep into each others eyes. She with more suprise and he with an earned longing. Before Jisoo could ask any more questions he leaned in and kissed her softly.

The kiss was so tender and full of love that her heart threatend to explode. But as fast as the kiss happened, as fast was it over. "I hope you'll forgive me now." Akito was leaning back and smiled warmly at her while brushing her cheek. "Y-yes.." it was a silent whisper from her lips. She was still overwhelmed of what just happened and didn't know how to reply to this. As he returned to his seat her brain started to go into motion. Now she wished the kiss would have lasted longer. Grabbing his collar would have been adequate. Maybe even brought them onto the bed. But this was something she didn't had the courage to tell out loud, so she remicinced during the rest of the dinner with the feeling of her first kiss and his soft lips.

Meanwhile Lilith had returned to her room. She was eating alone a small dinner after trying too look up for more potential involved mages, unfortunately without success. She pushed the half finished plate away and sat there in silence for quite a while, being stuck in thoughts, as she noticed a sudden change of air. Despite the feeling on her skin, everything remained silent. "I know you're here." "Oops. I suppose I can't hide from you." Solomon was revealing his presence and appeared in the middle of the room. "Your timing is well, dear cousin." "Yes?" He took a seat at the small table next to her. "Are you by chance involved into illegal item business?" The question was blunt, however Lilith didn't know where to get a new lead on the case so she tried her luck. "What are you thinking of me?" He wore his permanent fake smile. "You don't want to know what I think. Just tell me the truth." He analyzed her thoroughly as if to size her up. "The truth is that I wouldn't do anything to harm you." Usually she would have been satisfied with this answer, but not today. "What dangerous business are you doing again?" "Hmm I wonder~" he grinned at her and Lilith knew he wouldn't tell her anything.

Solomon then reached into his jacket and pulled out a box which he placed in front of the girl. "What is this?" "A little gift for you." One of her eyebrows rose and she eyed the box suspiciously. "A gift?" "Be aware that I went through a lot trouble to acquire it for you." It made her curious but also anxious. This was like a pandora box. It could contain answers to all her troubles or cause new troubles. She could never be sure of anything with Solomon. "I hope this is not the reason you were injuried last time." He didn't respond but only watched with a grin. "If it contains a cut off body part, I'll feed you with it." He huffed a laugh at the threat. "All right, I'll open it."