Chapter Three

"I- I'm sorry-" Jisoo hectically apologized. Raito's face didn't showed displeasure but his voice sounded agitated. "Please concentrate Lady Ayers." "Y-yes." They continued to dance but after her first misstep it was hard to concentrate for her and so Jisoo soon stepped again on his feed. Twince in a row. "P-Prince.." she stuttered slightly nervous and looked up to his face. Now the displeasure was shown on his face. An annoyance formed but he kept silent this time and danced with her till the song ended.

Further away on the dance floor Lilith was dancing with Duke Frazer. She watched his face attentive again and he smirked at her in return. "You're a clever one, huh?" "I don't remember offering the 'you', Lord Frazer." "I apologize Lady Arden." he huffed out in amusement and spun her around quickly. In her spin Lilith caught a glimpse of a nervous Jisoo who was totally screwing up. Back in the grip of Akito she slowly began to smile too. "I don't know what.. but you're scheming something." "I don't remember offering the 'you', Lady Arden" he smirked at her after copying her. Lilith couldn't help but grin at the retoure. The dance stopped soon and they separated from each other.

Everyone who had danced bowed to their partner and new pairs prepared for the next dance. Lilith and Jisoo were meeting up with Jin again who wasn't alone anymore. Solomon was back from his business. "I see, you had your first dance with Duke Frazer." "Yes." "And I also saw that Lady Ayers stepped on the crown Prince's feet several times like a elephant in the porcelain store." 'Ah, there was it' Solomon was smiling his fake polite smile while letting out his insults. "Hey you-" she snapped at the cousin, but Jisoo got interrupted from the side.

Akito was standing there and offered his hand to her. "Lady Ayers, may I have your second dance?" Lilith could see hearts forming in her eyes as Jisoo accepted willingly. They stepped way quickly, fortunate as Solomon's rescue. "Solomon you shouldn't say this to her. You can't play your games with Jisoo, she has a higher temper as other nobles who would walk away." "I'm deeply sorry my dear cousin. May I have this dance with you now?" She clicked her tongue and accepted the dance.

"Was your 'business' successful?" "Oh yes, very." he smiled satisfied at her. "How long long will you stay in Valeis Kingdom?" "You need me for something?" Lilith paused and glanced to Jisoo and Akito. "Maybe I will need you in future." "Hm~ You should invite me more often then." "I will consider it." their brief talk finished and they danced the rest of the song silently.

Meanwhile Jisoo excitedly danced with the Akito. She was silently admiring his face and making no miss steps this time. Akito smiled at her as he noticed her gaze. "Lady Jisoo, if you look at me like this, I can barely resist to snatch you away from the crown Prince."  "The who..?" she replied confused till she noticed what she had said. "Oh the Prince-" He laughed warmly at her honest reaction. "Do you see the annoyed grimace he is making right now?" Akito turned her so she could see over his shoulder the Prince who indeed had an annoyed face. "He is making this face since he knows that I will steal his fiance." "Oh no- what if he beheaded you for this-" "Don't worry, without me he wouldn't be able to make his job."

The music ended to soon for them but they separated. "It was a pleasure to dance with you, I really enjoyed it." "Me too, young duke" Jisoo bowed with a smile. "You should visit the palace more often from now on." Akito finally said and turned away to return to the Prince's side.

Jisoo who was meeting up with Lilith again glowed in happiness. "You really like Sir Frazer, do you?" "Yes!! Kyaaa I still cant believe I danced with him!!" "You should be careful Jiji. People are watching us." Lilith warned worried and they stepped aside to chat and drink refreshments.

The evening passed quickly and Lilith stepped alone out on a balcony to get some fresh air. It was already dark outside. The debutante ball was all in all a success and no major drama occurred through the evening. She leaned on the railing and took a deep breath which was filled with flower scent from the royal garden as she heard steps approaching behind her. Only her cousin and Jisoo knew she stepped out so she stayed calmly in her position. The steps stopped behind her and there was no typical Jisoo or Solomon remark so far, so she eventually turned around.

Her eyes widened as she saw that it wasn't her cousin nor Jisoo but the crown Prince himself.

"You Highness- I apologize my ignorance." She quickly bowed but he raised his hand to gesture that she can lift her head again. She stood silently in front of him, cornered against the railing and watched his handsome features which were illuminated by the moon which didn't revealed anything he might think. "It's late but.. may I have this dance?" There was almost no music audible from the hall but Raito waited patiently with outstretched hand. Now Lilith got nervous the first time this evening but accepted his hand. Raito pulled her close and held her with a firm grip as he started to lead a slow dance. Her nervousness raised rapidly from the close hold. 'What is happening here?!'

The Prince was looking down at her the entire dance and didn't paid attention to the surrounding. She noticed the intense gaze a little late and looked up, returning the look as confident as possible. His gaze wandered deeper past her face. Lilith who saw the shift of his eyes blushed. 'Is he looking at my chest?!'  She was about to say something about his shameless behavior but he spoke up first. "Your necklace. It this a mana stone?" Perplexed by his question, but also relieved at his interest in her necklace and not her body, she exhaled and replied. "Yes it is. You have a very good eye, your Highness." "I assume you're a mage then?" "That is also correct." Raito smiled down at her, satisfied from the answer. "There aren't so much beautiful mages like you are one." her cheeks flushed again. She never imagined that the Prince would compliment her. "Thank you.." Soon their dance stopped. But Raito didn't let go of her. She felt like she would do something stupid if he kept holding her like this but to her luck he finally released her and stepped back. They both bowed. "I will soon invite you again to the palace. Have a wonderful night." He left first and Lilith leaned slightly exhausted back against the railing. Confusion spread in her mind.  'Wait.. He is still Jisoo's fiance.'