Chapter Eleven

The next morning Jisoo diligently wrote a letter to her best friend. Since Solomon didn't said about what the letter had to be, she just asked all her curious questions and for a meeting. She finished the letter and was about to hand it over to the servants, as a new but not unknown looking servant took the letter. "Huh... Sir Solomon...?" "Yes, my Lady?" He smiled brightly at her while wearing the Ayers family butler's clothes as disguise. "This is your plan to get to the Palace?!" She fanatically pointed at his attire. "Don't worry, I always have a trumph card no one expects." He winked at her and lifted the letter to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on it. "Now let's deliver this lovely rescue letter to our kidnapped princess." With this wordplay he turned to leave and left a speechless and embarrassed Jisoo behind.

"State your request." Four large build Knights where guarding the entrance doors. "I'm the Butler of House Ayers and have a letter for Lady Lilith." A polite smile graced his lips while facing the gatekeepers. "You're not the same Butler like the last times." "Of course, I'm new employed. But as you can see, the letter is truly from the Marquis house and I tell no lies." He turned the letter to show the family sign on the envelope. The guards were looking at each other until one of them nodded. "We will take the letter and hand it over. You may leave." Of course they wouldn't invite him inside. This would have been way to easy. So Solomon did as they said by handing the letter over and turned to leave. As he was far enough away and out of their view he casually opened the upper buttons of the butler's coat he wore to be more comfortable. "Now let's wait. I'll soon be there, dear Lili." He still had a smile but this was nothing like before, it was more devilish like it could have ever been.

After having breakfast Lilith had to tend to his sick Majesty again. She spend all her magic she was able to recover since last evening on the healing again until she nearly collapsed. After seeing the exhausted state she was in, they dismissed her until further notice with the 'order' to gather new strength. All she basically did was laying on the bed since her return till a knock on the door got her attention. "Yes?" "Pardon me Lady Lilith, you have received a letter." "Put it on the table." She quickly dismissed the maid so that she could go back to relaxing.

But the left behind letter intrigued her. A rather large amount of magical energy lingered around the envelope what attracted the magic drained wizard girl like a thirsty mosquito. 'Jisoo Ayers' is what the envelope said but the magical signature said 'Solomon Arden". A lout sigh escaped her lips. "That sly fox... What did you do?" Her own exhaustion made it hard for her to tell what spell he casted and so she unwrapped the envelope. As if it was waiting for it's cue, the paper gave a off a spark which hit the right into the necklace she was wearing. An even grander light emerged now from the necklace and only half a second later Solomon was standing right before her. "You made me wait pretty long~"
His mocking abruptly stopped as he saw that Lilith had collapsed to her knees. "Lilith-" he kneeled down to support her. "What happened to your magic-" as soon as Solomon touched her, he noticed that she barely had any magic left in her body. "Y-you... Idiot.." she gasped exhausted for air and grabbed for her necklace. The mana stone had broken right after the spell and all its magic was used up, the stone now dull and colourless. "I'm really starting to think you want to kill me." "How am I supposed to know you don't have any magic left-" flustered he tried to defend himself for his mistake. The spell he casted on the letter required magic of the receiver to teleport the Spellcaster. But in this case the receiver had no magic left. If she hadn't wore the magic filled stone, the spell might have drained every last bit of her energy so that she could have died.

With a sigh he lifted her weak body and carried her to the bed. "What are they doing to you that you're not having left that much magic?" Lilith weakly tilted her head to him. "I can't tell you." "If you won't tell me, I'll find out alone" "Go ahead if you want to die." They stared at each other for a few minutes until he broke the stare by pulling a pure crystal out of his pockets. "Here, charge up." Lilith grabbed the crystal and only pulled out that much magic like she needed to feel comfortably again. "Keep the stone, it's my way of apologizing." "Alright."

"Now tell me." A slight pout grazed her lips now but she gave up. He would find out anyway since he successfully entered the palace so keeping it a secret now wouldn't make any difference. "The King is ill and I have to treat him." "Wow, must be dire if a Magician has to heal, not a doctor." A pleased smirk came to the boys lips. "But you know that it's not helpful if the Magican becomes a nursing case herself." "I know.. but the Prince said I have one week to heal him." Solomon hummed in response and a sudden knock interrupted the two wizards. The girl sat up straight and called out. "Who's there?" "His Highness is here and requests to enter." She immediately tensed and looked at her cousin whose grin just widened. "Oho~ Go ahead and let him in. I was never here." He leaned in and pressed a kiss on her forehead, pretending to be caring family, just that this kiss left a static magic resonance and then stood up to climb into the closet.

"I won't even question that..." 'Solomon is clearly too curious' was what she thought and stood up from the bed after putting the magical crystal down.

"His Highness may enter."