"You don't have money" he bluntly stated while he sat down next to me and made sure everyone saw he was doing it unwillingly "And I don't like sweet things"

"For your information, I have enough for a few dango," I said with a twitching brow between gritted teeth "Maybe not for more than a couple... but I do for a few!"

"For how long have you known each other?" It was Asuma who asked this time. I looked at him and realized that the three of them were intently looking at us again, watching our short bickering.

"Uh, a few months?" I asked unsure, looking at Kakashi for confirmation or correction. He just shrugged uninterested "How do you know each other?" I asked back, actually very curious about their relationship.

"We went to the Academy together," Asuma explained "but ever since Kakashi got in the Anbu we hadn't hanged out that much" he added. Kakashi kept his unbothered expression but looked away, still avoiding looking at any of us. 'So they were friends, and something happened in the Anbu... or something happened and he got in the Anbu. Perhaps both? Could it have to do with his team dying?' My theory was proven correct, but it only left me with more questions.

"You've been friends for so long, then! That's so cool," I smiled, not even able to imagine how it'd be to be friends with someone since childhood. They smiled back at me, each of their smiles fitting with their different personalities. And Kakashi just... sat completely apathetic.

"And what do you do, (Y/n)? I'm sure I would have known you if you were a ninja" Kurenai asked more about me.

"Oh, I work at the Yamanaka flower shop," 'And a crummy bar on the nights' I said in my mind, but thought it would be best to omit that part.

"Really?" Kurenai said surprised but still with a warm and now bigger smile. Her eyes flickered to Kakashi, who continued to sit as indifferent as before. I nodded "That's such a nice job, I'm almost jealous"

"What? You're a ninja, that's way cooler" I answered, and we both giggled, but my laugh died out when I noticed Gai staring at me, too attentively actually. I sweat-dropped uncomfortably, feeling my skin becoming warm as I wondered whether I had something on my face.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him with an awkward smile. Both Asuma and Kakashi sighed at the same time which made me wonder if Gai's behavior was normal.

"(Y/n)!" he suddenly yelled my name, making me jump out of surprise "You are so close to my eternal rival, you must..." he began speaking, although he was still loud. I was about to cut him, tell him we weren't that close, but he wouldn't have heard me anyway "become my best friend!"

I blinked a few times, staring at his big eyes and brows, and an even bigger smile. He looked at me closely and expectantly while Asuma, Kurenai, and Kakashi dead-panned. The last one seemed about to say something but I beat him to it.

"Of course," I said with a giggle, stranged by Gai's personality but not at all displeased by it. He seemed like a genuinely fun and caring friend to have. His smile got even bigger and thus he got even louder.

"Ugh, you're so loud..." Kakashi complained lowly, leaning his head on his hand and still seeming bored, although he now had a slight frown.

"Ah I have to go," Kurenai whined when she saw the time "I'm so sorry," she said standing up "It was a pleasure to meet you, (Y/n). I hope we can talk again soon" she smiled, and I nodded mirroring her.

"I'll walk you," Asuma offered, standing up as well and smiling and bowing to me too.

"Farewell!" Gai waved at them "And I'm not loud, Kakashi! It's the way I have of showing how much youth I have in me!" he said excitedly, which seemed to annoy Kakashi even more.