Chapter 22: Heartbeats

December 11 2019

A few days has past as Mia and Steve have been going out for a few dates for sometime, Mia's feelings continue to grew but still won't leave Tilly until she kills her. However Mia has been showing strange behaviour to Steve sometimes which does make him feel uncomfortable and confused, Mia noticed how he was feeling and tried to control herself not wanting to scare him.

Right now Steve was video calling his sister after while as Jennifer was smiling at him.

Jennifer: Hi Steve!!

Steve: *Smiles* Hey Jennifer! It's been awhile. How are you doing sis?

Jennifer: Its going great! Me and Mom miss you so much!

Steve: Aww I miss both of you as well. These two months have been honestly going great and different to be honest.

Jennifer: I'm glad to hear, How's work going?

Steve: Its going good so far, I might get a raise soon cause the boss said I'm been doing a great job.

Jennifer: Thats great to hear! I'm so happy for you Steve.

Steve: *Smiles* Thanks Jennfier.

Jennfier: *Fixes her hair and smiles* So what else has been happening? Any love?

Jennifer giggled as Steve chuckled and looked at the ground as Jennifer raised an eyebrow.

Jennifer: Ooooh do I see something???

Steve: *Laughs* Come on, Jennifer.

Jennifer: Tell me Steve!

Steve: Hahahahaha then you and mom are gonna start teasing me if I don't.

Jennifer: Hahaha! Tell me though, Are you actually crushing on someone?

Steve looked around before he smiled and decided to tell his feelings.

Steve: Haha Fine. Well two months ago when I first time moved into the apartment, I met my new neighbour and her name is Mia.

Jennifer nodded and continued smiling at him.

Steve: We started becoming good friends with eachother and shared things with eachother, From these two months we continued to hangout and talk more and I honestly have been. . . Feeling different towards her.

Jennifer: So you like her?

Steve: *Smiles*. . . I think I do.

Steve was starting to develop feelings for Mia, She cared about him so much which made him slowly fall in love with her despite not knowing her dark secrets.