10. The Trap

(Don't forget to vote and follow 💖)

~3rd pov~

Y/n stood up as she stared at the doll, North looked at her and so did Bryce and Andy.
"What?" Bryce asked.
"That doll just looked at me."
". . . What?"
"It just looked at me! The ugly red head doll looked at me!" She said.

Bryce looked at Y/n and so did North.
"The doll didn't move, Y/n."
"Believe me, North, that doll literally looked at me!"
"Seriously?"
"Shut it, Bryce. That doll did look at me."

North just told Andy to never swear as Bryce talked Y/n down. Y/n was already thinking about going back, she was getting homesick. She couldn't sleep, she couldn't calm herself down, her dreams were disturbing but not threatening like Freddy Krueger.

She'd cry to herself and even woke up Bryce.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked in a whisper.
". . . I want to go back home. . ." She mumbled.
"Home? You mean back to that camp?"
"Yes. . . I don't like it here. . . There's already crimes starting up again. . . I can't handle anymore of this. . . I want to go back. . . At least in the camp, even if Jason's gone. . . I'll be at peace and alone there. . . I can survive just fine. . . He taught me how. . ." She whispered again.

". . . I can take you back. . . North can stay here with Andy and her mom."
"Thanks, Bryce. . . I want to go home. . ."
"How early do you want to leave?"
"As soon as possible. . ."
"Okay. . . I'll leave a note for North and Karen."
"Huh?"
"Don't you want to leave now? We can go?"
". . . Yeah."

Just as the two started to get up, North woke up.
"What are you two doing?"
"Y/n is homesick, she wants to go back to the camp."
"What? Y/n?"
"I-I can't handle it North, I'm literally going to throw up if I don't get any sense of ease right now. I-I can't do this, I'm so f-far away."
"Y/n, calm down." She whispered.
"I-I can't- I can't, I need to go back-"
"Y/n, Jason is gone, I'm sorry, but he isn't coming back-"
"I know! I know, I just d-don't want to do- I can't breathe." She panicked as she held her head.

Anxiety was rising in her, she was shuddering as she held her arms.
"Y/n. . . Be careful then. . . Don't do anything rash, and why are you going in the first place Bryce?"
"I need to visit my dad. . . I need to talk to him about something serious." Bryce answered, "It's been on my mind for a while."

North looked up at him with disappointment, wanting to have her friends stay with her for the week but understanding their needs.
"Be careful." She said before laying back down, "I'll see you two later."

Bryce walked with Y/n out the door and out of the apartment. He gave her a extra jacket as they both left the building, Y/n felt a great relief off of her when she was away from the doll.

Bryce kept Y/n close to him since they were passing by strange men down in alleys again. Some calls came here and there to Y/n, but she ignored it.

Bryce didn't let her go; whistles were heard from everywhere as Y/n walked on with him. Dawn was breaking already as they passed by cops and different people now waking up.

"Come on, let's get a bus."
"We can't afford a ticket."
"We can hitchhike then."
"That's such a dumb idea, I'm not doing that. We walk." Y/n said.

They bickered back and forth until a random car pulled up.
"Hey? You two need a ride?" A man asked.
"No-"
"Yes, we do." Bryce said.
"Nope, not me!" Y/n said as she walked on.

Bryce called her back but she didn't listen. She kept walking and passed a store, she read on a magazine about another Jigsaw survivor. What a wonderful coincidence.

"Hey! Slow down, would you!'' Bryce said as he held her shoulder.
"I don't trust strangers to take me anywhere. . . I'd rather walk or steal a car." Y/n said.
"Okay, I got it. You don't trust people. . . What about North and me?"
". . . Still not sure about you." Y/n answered.