24. Valentine

The sunlight feels good as it lands on his skin. His been walking for hours now. After his conversation with Tori Dia needed some air. He walked till the sun came out and then he walked some more. His parents think his at therapy so he has a few free hours before he has to go back home. Dias sits on the street curb and stares at the empty road.

"Still blank huh?" Tori asks appearing next to him.

"Yep" he says.

Dia is getting used to having her around. Sometimes he even forgets that she's not real. But then his head will hurt or his leg will act up and he'll remember again.

"What's so important about this folder anyway?" Tori asks.

"It's not just any folder, it's a pink folder. Pink is your favourite colour and in all the years I've known you you put everything important inside something pink. Your diary was pink, you wrote the speech you gave at your cousins wedding on pink paper and the binder with all our college plans in it is pink and purple. That folder means something." Dia says.

Tori lays back resting her back on the sidewalk. Dia mimics her actions and embraces the warmth in the concrete.

"What do you think is in it?" Tori asks.

"I don't know. But it was there that night, while we were in the car."

"The night we left Rebs diner. The night I died."

Dia nods.

"I think maybe the guy we were scared of might have stolen it from you or something. I just wish we could remember who he is." He says.

Tori sits up and motions for Dia to do the same. He pulls himself upright and stares at her.

"There is one person who might have the answers we're looking for." Tori says.

It takes Dia a second to understand. Suddenly the sunlight feels a little cold.

"Your dad."

Tori nods.

"Do you think that's a good idea. Going to see him?" Dia asks.

Tori pulls aside her blondle hair and sighs.

"You can't remember what happened three weeks before I died and Darren wasn't around. So the only person who might know more is him. We have to at least try." She says.

Dia looks straight ahead choosing not to say anything else. There's a rumble as a car approaches. When Dia looks up he sees Andrew coming out from the drivers seat. He looks down at Dia and smiles.

"You're sitting alone on the side of the road talking to yourself, should I be concerned?" He jokes.

Dia smiles and gets to his feet.

"Actually I say you get used to it. Because if you're going to date me the weirdness comes with it." He says putting his arms around his neck.

"Noted" Andrew says.

He puts his forehead against Dias. His skin is soft and Dia can feel the suns warmth in it.

"Hi" Andrew wispers.

Dia smiles.

"Hi" He says back.

"I haven't seen you in a while." Andrew says running his hands up and down Dias arms.

"I know. I'm sorry." Dia says.

"It's okay. You'll make it up to me later." Andrew says.

His hands move to the back of Dias waist and pull him closer. Their lips meet and Dias pushes his body closer to Andrews. Normally kissing like this in the middle of the street would be the last thing Dia would feel comfortable doing. But after having his skull crack open Dia doesn't really care that much about what people say anymore.