3. "Live together..."

Dia kicks a rock and watches it skitter to a halt. He doesn't know how long his been walking for but the school is long behind him. He has no direction or destination. The episode in the hallway seems like a bad dream but it still feels so real that he knows it actually happened.

Behind a black SUV with tinted windows drives by him very slowly. Dia stares at it as it passes and watches it till it's out of sight. He's trying to make sense of what happened. That's the third time he's seen her and the only thing that's clear to him is that all she does is make him feel worse than he already does.

The sun is high in the sky and the heat it's expelling is not helping Dias headache. A police car drives towards and slow to a halt when it reaches him. The window rolls down and a man with a small beard and a bold shiny head stares at Dia. He licks his lips and stares back at him.

The mans stare is intimidating and makes Dia feel very uncomfortable. He opens his mouth to speak but the man cuts him off.

"Dia Floyd" he says.

Dia nods unableto speak. The mans steps out of the car and seeing him in full view only makes Dia more uncomfortable. He's very tall and extremely well built like a wrestler. He's wearing a brown shirt and khaki formal pants that have a gun and handcuffs attached to them.

"I need you to come with me" the mans says.

"Who are you?" Dia asks finding his voice.

"I'm detective Martin with the FBI and I need you to ask a few questions" he says.

His tone indicates that Dia has no choice in the matter. That doesn't stop him from resisting.

"I need to get home. Besides my mom warned me not to talk to any police officers without a lawyer present." Dia says and begins walking away.

The man grabs his arm so hard it makes him yelp.

"I'm not a police office and I'm not asking" the detective says.

...........

The door of the little room detective Martin put Dia in closes. He's been here for only a few minutes but he already wants out immediately. He's seen rooms like these in series with the huge one way mirror and camera in the corner. The desk his sitting on is metallic and cold.

Dia embraces the cool environment, it actually helps his head feel better. The car ride over was silent, the detective sat silent and refused to answer any of Dias questions. Which he had a lot of. The door opens and he steps in.

"You can't just keep me here without my parents knowing" Dia protests.

Detective Martin doesn't even look Dias way when he speaks.

"Your parents have been informed and are on their way here soon. In the meantime you and I are going to have a little chat." He says.

Dia sits back in his chair and folds his arms.

"I'm not answering any questions" he says.

The detective looks him dead in the eye and the false confidence Dias presenting fades away.

"Well that will not benefit either of us" Detective Martin says.

Dia licks his lips.

"I want to help put together the pieces of what actually happened between you and Tori that night"

The sound of her name makes Dias blood run cold. So far no one has explicitly said her name to him yet.

"I thought you already knew what happened" Dia says trying to hide how affected he is.