Chapter Twenty-Four

I must have blacked out before the ambulance arrived, I woke days later covered in wires, machines steadily beeping in time with my heart rate.

My mother sat in a bundle of blankets, looking like she hadn't slept bags of purple under her eyes.

I moved to glance under the sheet unfortunately my dick was still there and so was I.

Therapists had been in along with forensic analysts and the police.

Question after question, examinations galore.

Don't be ashamed of your story it will inspire others.

You are not what happened to you, you are what you chose to become.

The words of comfort falling on deaf ears.

I remember reading someone that every seven years, all the cells on your entire body are replaced.

How lovely is it to know someday I will have a body that she never touched.

Blaise, Theodore and Pansy visited.

Not one person said 'I told you so', not one bad word. Barely any words at all.

We just sat huddled on my hospital bed.

Grateful for eachother.

Heart panging at the loss of Landon.

It was short lived, but that guy had something unique welded into the fibres of him.

He was just another victim to the fall of her.

No, I should blame the events souly on Mallory. Yet I will not pardon her some blame.

She was haphazard, hectic and chaotic yet her presence made you want to soak in it.

She cracked my tough exterior.

How can I see past what she did - how she achieved her goals.

It's criminal.

My dignity may have been assaulted and vandalised but it can never be taken away unless I surrender.

The peace in this bland room was nice, the doctors tip toed around me.

Mother tread lightly, she suggested after the ordeal is done. We should take a trip just the two of us.

Oh how naive to think once I'm out the confides of this room that it's over it will never be in the temple of my mind.

I accepted however agreeing to keep her settled.

Supper had just finished. The cutlery clattering onto my tray, with a licked clean plate.

Stomach elated I finally maintained a solid meal.

That's when I saw her beaming from the window, lights hitting her face like my guardian angel.

Halo high even after her jive with the devil.

She entered the door keeping distance.

Gaze cast down I couldn't bare to look at her for the reasons unknown.

Maybe she took me back there.

Maybe I was embarrassed to have been so vulnerable around her.

Maybe, just maybe I blamed her.

"Draco.." I still didn't look up

"How-how have you been?" She whispered, I didn't have to see her to know the uneasy shifting she is doing right now.

Barking a sarcastic laugh - I met her weeping eyes. She looked ill close up, like a ghost of herself.
"How have I been?"

"Yes"

"How have I fucking been?" I shouted now furious with her stupidity. "I was kidnapped, tortured and r-raped as revenge meant for you"

"Draco, I .."

"No you don't get to speak. You have my wife assaulted sexually, then she did the same to me" Tears free falling down my burning cheeks.

Held back sobs echoed from her direction.

"Draco, please"

"No, everything was fine until you came along with your parcels and your fucking mind games. I was miserable but content" I sighed, snapping my hues away from her. "You should have stayed away"

"Y-you don't mean that.."

"I do - leave now" Hissing at her, fiddling with the waffle bed sheets. Rubbing them between my thumb and forefinger.

"As you wish, I love you Draco" She hesitated before shutting the door.

That night I sobbed.

I will not let this ruin my future, I will stay alive to spite her, I will find love true fucking love and I'll be happy. I will not let the ghost of kat haunt me

A warrior and a survivor.

No matter how much darkness I've seen it is so important for everyone to know there is much more light than dark.

And im going to find it, I pushed her away from me when she did nothing. And she left me.

She stopped fighting.

Finally it was release day. Packing my bags on the bed, waiting to be discharged and mother to arrive, when the door burst open making me panic cowering back.

"Draco Malfoy I presume" Came a callous voice from infront of me. A very enraged brunette, she resembled Mallory yet more hostile.

"I am, and you are?"

"Beatrice, Mallorys sister" She folded her arms over her chest scowling at me.

"Look if your here to defend her.."

"I'm not.." My brows furrowed, looking at the girl with confusion.

"Why are you here then?" I perched on the edge of the bed. As she stepped closer.

Aware of events she kept a comfortable distance.

"Trust me, I do not condone her actions at all. Mallory is complicated, but a sex offender? She is not" She sighed heavily "Look you've been through alot and I cannot begin to understand. My sister is besotted with you head of heels. She never meant for you to get caught in the cross fire of it all"

Staying quiet and calm I listened.

"She never meant to hurt you Draco, she loves you. Right now she needs you as much as you need her, even if you don't want to admit it"
Placing a careful hand on my shoulder to reassure me. She turned to leave "Just think about it"

With that I was alone again.

Mother kept to her word. We visited the South of  France, staying in a cottage it was beautiful.

Yet I wished I had her with me.

Arriving home, I was shocked to find a To Let sign outside her apartment.

I even tracked down Beatrice, to be told she vanished. Without a trace.

I lost her.

Authors Notes. ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO.

I'm not crying you are.

Vote and share.

Take care loves.