Chapter Three.

Today is Wednesday, time for my shift at the restaurant. It wasn't the job I'd dreamt of but it will do for now, as I child I longed to be a veteran or a pilot. Instead I was lumbered with something more practical. Less exciting.

Uniform was dull, a plain black button up shirt, same shade thigh high pencil skirt, sheer tights and white converse. The shoes were not work grade however I refuse to wear shiny leather patent buckled shoes. I am not my grandmother.

My hair sprayed back, luckily it's short so requires minimal maintenance just how I like it, I always ensure my eye makeup is perfected as that's all that is ever seen on me, winged thick eye liner, an a light shade brown shadow which makes my tiger eyes pop, lastly a mink grey scarf wrapped precisely that’s why I ensure my eye makeup stands out its all you ever see. My boss was not overall keen on me wear my accessory shall we say, due to there being no reason or need for it.

After some persuasion he saw the light, after seeing dark for around sixty seconds.

I work in a quiet, dive of a cafe mostly truckers use it as a pit stop, sometimes the occasional biker. Currently I'm facing front of house, shoulder leant on the clear glass door frame, admiring the care free fall of summer rain. Here come the drops steady and soft. I only realise the rain is cold because my skin carries the heat of my blood, because my inner fires burn strong. My eyes are always seeking the rainbows given by the light, watching as brightly coloured umbrellas arise to break through the bleakness.

It's 7pm he should arrive any moment no luke clockwork, never late. There he is, in all his riveting beauty, night shade umbrella held in a firm grip as he approaches, yet his suit looks dry not one stain of rain on him. As if it's waterproof, his authentic leather loafers flicking droplets of water up with each stride. Reaching for the handle of the restaurant door I've found myself edging backwards licking my lips excessively with a serious expression bored onto my face. He holds the door ajar with the length of his foot, whilst collapsing the umbrella giving it a shake before rain a hand through his dishevelled locks that rest damp about the arch of his brows.

Straightening my posture I watch him enter, not my restaurant of course but the more up scale five star across from me, the fact he ate there every third day of the week might have had something to do with how I planned my shifts.

The layout was similar to ours floor ceiling windows, yet there's was not crack and the lit sign didn't flicker it was almost bad enough to cause an epileptic seizure to a sufferer.

No, he was more sophisticated then the hicks dinning here, in the dim yellow lighting and nineteen seventies pleather backed benches screwed to the floor.

Absent mindedly I followed him almost mirror imaged, as he made his way down to his seat, far back table for two but always alone, right by the window. I noticed he enjoyed people watching, how his lips would tug at the sight of an elderly couple strolling hand in hand or the innocence of a child using the paving slabs to do hop scotch. Other times he looked deep in ponder, as if the weight of the world lay on his shoulder.
And I know many moons ago it did the boy with no choice, forced by the hand of his father and their sick cult to act out tasks they themselves were far to cowardly to complete.

I am aware of his magic abilities of course, and the views on my mind. Muggles I believe he refers us to, yet when I first met him, that's fateful spring day he was kind and gentle nothing like I'd read about him.

Tonight I had a plan to get him to notice me, yes it's my choice to be hidden but I want to show him how much I need him, also I'm hoping this little skit will egnite memories although, I have changed alot and he won't be able to see my face.