Chapter Nine

I am never drinking again.

Yes, everyone says that the morning after but I god damn mean it I feel like a string quartet are playing in my cranium. Fuck, where’s the aspirin?

Still the tug on the corners of my mouth, cannot help but elevate knowing he touched me. He spoke to me. Dare I say he liked me.

The confidence is igniting in me knowing I have him, wiggling like a baited worm on the hook of my true intentions.

A knock sounds on my door, I groan through the duvet back over my body cocooned in the feathered fortress.
"Morning sleeping beauty rough night?"

"Water" Landon chuckled at my demands, the boards of the floor creaked as he moved closer, eventually feeling the bed dip to my left.
Before the warmth was stripped from my curled up frame, causing me to sit bolt upright and swing a hook at the tosser beside me. He clearly predicted it, catching my fist in his palm. His face laced with amusement.

He uses his slender fingers to unclench my fingers, reaching with his free hand to slip a cup of coffee in my hand, the rich beans seep into my nostrils, making me inhale deeper to not miss a scent. Muttering a thank you under my breath.

"You look a mess, nice to see you took my advice though"

"What advice is that exactly?" I spat, moving the mug closer to my lips before my hair is tugged back lightly, only to meet Landons glare.

"Its hot, be patient. The scarf you took it off" I huffed placing the much wanted beverage on my side unit.

"I was sleeping, of course I took it off. I could suffocate otherwise" I retorted in a tone, that made him seem dumb.

"Chance would be a fine thing" He laughs, before clearing his throat noticing I do not find him funny at all

"How’d it go?" He asked shifting down the bed, rolling to lay on his side.

"According to the plan" I mirror his actions making us face to face.

"Nothing else?" He smirks, like he knows something

"You were there?"

"Of course" I groan in embrassment at his revelation. Landon was protective, he would never allow me to go alone. He is always somewhere hidden, watching. Clearly he learnt from the best.

"Oh, little miss sunshine dropped by" He frowns at the thought of my sister. Sometimes I feel its hatred mixed with sexual tension. He assures me it's not.

"What did she want?"

"Not sure she went into your room ..." Rigid, my bones ceased. I'd become weighted suddenly, the air in my lungs sucked out of me. Mustering up the language I know, to form a sentence. It just dawned to me I'd slept in the guest room due to my incoherent state. Leaving my shrine of sanctum free reign for that leech.

"She fucking did what? Landon know what's in there right?"

"Shit shit shit" He whisper shouted, As if he had just recovered from memory loss, twat.

"D-did she say anything?" Panic. Full panic.

"Asked you to meet her 3pm at the cafe on the corner"

Maybe she didn't see anything right?

No, she definitely would have seen its not discreet his face is everywhere.

Hours, hours upon hours i tried to convince myself to go. I couldn't, facing her is not an option.
It got to 4pm, I was sat unmoving on the sofa thoughts Rushing, if she went in my room She definitely saw the pictures, she was everything.
The door unlocked unexpectedly as a shadow emerging with a book in her grasp, I knew exactly what binds she held I'd spent enough time tending to it.