-*never, ever*- Knight x Princess (angst) (KNY)

(UNEDITED dont bully me for mistakes i wil cry)

(DEMON SLAYER AU! YAY! PLS DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT READ/WATCHED DEMON SLAYER OR THIS WILL BE VERY AWKWARD.)

hi i know this isnt x reader but uh well jokes on you cuz you arrive at the end hehe

also ngl, re-reading this and its kinda cringe. bare with me. 

---

"Princess! Princess! Look at these little berries I found!"

"Knight! Those look poisonous..-"

"Well, only one way to find out!"

The two little children giggled. 

Knight and Princess have been living by themselves for a while. Both were incredibly young and lost their parents, so together they made a living off of scraps. Living in the cold mountain wasn't easy, but they managed to survive this long. Whats gonna stop them now?

Princess took the berries from Knight and threw them away.

"Cant have you poisoning yourself, now can I? Ehehe!" She embraced the boy in a tight hug.

"....I'm glad we can go through this together, Knight.." Princess said, still embracing him. Knight hugged her back.

"I couldn't have done this without you. " He agreed with her. 

She released him from her embrace and then grabbed his hand. She brought his hand up and they locked pinky fingers.

"Promise you wont leave me, alright?!" She said, almost threateningly.

He nodded and smiled. "I would never!"

"never, ever!"

"Okay, enough touchy soft moments! Lets get back to our little hut before more snowfall, alright?" Princess smiled and began running. "Bet you cant catch up to me!"

"Bet you two acorns I can get there first!" Knight declared, rushing and following close behind her.

----

The two kids stood in a tiny hut made of sticks, leaves, and scraps found on the outskirts of the village. It was a living. Certainly not a nice one, but it was better than dying. Speaking of dying..

"Oh no, Princess! Look at the fire! Its dying out!"

"hmm.. well..i could go make a trip to borrow some charcoal from up the mountain. Im sure he wont mind us borrowing a few more!" Princess smiled and went to get up but he grabbed her hand.

"Shouldn't I go? I am the man of the house after all!" He placed his hands on his hips and smiled proudly.

"You went last time, silly. Ill go this time, alright? Ill be back in 10."

Knight was about to protest, but before he could, Princess was already off. He shook his head and sighed.

"Boy, what am I gonna do with her."

----

"Thank you!" Princess smiled and waved at the family. She had a small bag of wood and charcoal. Thanks to the Kamado family, who she was well acquainted with, she was able to get a small amount of fuel to last maybe 3-4 days.