↳˳⸙ Chapter 17

Training as a Knight

Amaranthine P O V

It's been 14 years since I was born into this world again. Many things had happened in the past years. Good and Bad, and also something unexpected.

But as much as I wanted to reminisce about the past memories of this current life I have. I need to focus on this spar with Felix.

Yes, you read that right. A spar with Felix. Sounds scary, right? But what can I do? This is a test before I can officially enter the ranks of the knights.

While I was technically from the Imperial Family, thus I can just put myself in the knighthood with no complaints from any people.

I refused that, and instead took the long way in. I wanted to learn as much as I could. I heard that it's around 18 when a person usually gets into the knights.

But I was currently viewed as a genius. Well, Daddy's and Felix's words not mine. I learn and pick up things quickly than any other person that got their training. So my knighting was moved a day after our debutante.

Debutante. The day that I thought I would never reach even with all the luck that I have in this life. I was ready to die when an assassin had come in at night after our 9th birthday.

I thought that, that day was inevitable. I would still die saving my sister and I would be leaving her all alone again.

But just as I lost hope. Claude appeared like a lightning before a thunder had erupted in front of our eyes. Lucas and Felix were close behind his Majesty.

The assassin never got to be interrogated, it killed itself. But I would never forget the look on both my Father and Sister's faces that always made me sentimental.

[FLASHBACK START]

It's the our 9th birthday. Everything was the same as usual, except that Daddy did give us extravagant presents. He gave Athy, the key to the treasure room.

She was so touched that she jumped on him and kissed his cheek. Safe to say his reaction is the best. He was still dazed when I also gave him a kiss on his other cheek. It was to express my gratitude and because I just wanted to.

He did gave me my long-awaited gift. A matching set of his clothes for all three of us. Well, less revealing in our part at least.

His reaction was really precious. He was awestrucked. While touching his cheek in an dumbfounded manner.

He gave our gifts just before the actual birthday. It was sad. He never celebrated our birthday with us. But I guess it's understandable, Mom died on this very day. He started asking what gifts we wanted in our seventh birthday.

Athy wanted the maids who gave her chocolate. She was dumbfounded when he gave them along with a mountain of wrapped chocolate. I can't really blame her. I asked for a simple delicacy of Milktea, even giving some instructions on how to make it.

And he gave me a literal tank of it. With preserved magic that keeps it's fresh. Crazy, right?

It was nighttime already. I couldn't sleep, because I knew there was something coming.

'My inevitable death.. Is there no way to change this after all..?'

I want to hope that I can. That I can continue to stay by my sister's side. That now, we can be a family this time. That we can finally have our final ending.