↳˳⸙ Chapter 12

❝ The Storm  ❞

Amaranthine P O V

Athanasia and I were playing with Raven and Luna when Felix came in to the room. I instantly knew what his purpose was. So leaving a kiss on both animals, I made my way to the maids to change first. My sister would want to savor playing with them.

"Princess, It's time you go and greet his majesty."

"Hng.."

I heard Athanasia reply as I walked back into the room.  I gestured for her to change now, she pouted a little before leaving the animals to go and get changed. I turned my attention towards them and gave them an wide smile, cooing ever so slightly at the sight of them nuzzling into her palm.

"Princess! Let's go!"

Then I stood back up, walking outside as I heard Felix call for me.

***************

"Daddy! I missed you!"

Athanasia immediately shoots a beaming smile towards Claude as they entered the room. Then I noticed that he seemed tired. So I greeted him calmly.

"Good Morning, Daddy. How are you today?"

My voice seemed to snap him out of his thoughts as he stared at us.

"Tired.", He bluntly responded, causing the other two to flinch from his tone but I wasn't fazed and just let out a hum in understanding. And I don't know why, I'm feeling very sensitive right now. That's why I didn't prolong the conversation as I might snap.

"Your Majesty, the weather's nice today. How about going for a walk outside?", Felix suggested out of the blue. Shattering the quiet atmosphere as Claude agreed.

"A walk, that doesn't sound  so bad."

I watched him stand up from his throne before walking pass Athanasia. I was at Felix's side and was about to leave. When Claude's voice rang into the air as he asked.

"What is it?"

I turned to look on what had happened. Before closing my eyes as I refrained from facepalming myself. Athanasia held on Daddy's clothing, the same gesture she uses when she wants to be carried by Felix.

My sister looked confused for a second but visibly flinched when she had grabbed Claude instead of Felix. 

"She's asking you to pick her up, Your Majesty."

Athanasia looked horrified on what Felix had said. Snapping her head to the side, she turned to look at me with pleading eyes. Begging me to save her from this predicament. But the damage has already been done, so I looked away with a little whistle as I tried to act clueless. I can hear her fuming from her spot.

"Pick her up?"

"Yes, she does that a lot to me too when her legs hurt from walking."

I carefully hid myself behind Felix' tall structure incase I get caught into this mess.

"No, I just saw something on Daddy's clothes... Gaahhh!", Athanasia tried to talk her way out of it. But she was too late. As I watched in horror as Claude grabbed her by the big ribbon on the back of her dress.

Athanasia dangled uncomfortably on Claude's grip. Due to her insistent struggling, The man whose holding her let out a sigh.

"Hold still. You're heavy enough as it is."