Chapter 65

Scarlett's POV

We had an absolute blast on our mini vacation but it's so good to be home.

"I can't wait to sleep in our bed." Camden groans and stretches her neck.

"Me too." Briella copies her Mommy and a big smile spreads across my face. The rest of the car ride home from the airport is pretty quiet. Briella is passed out against my shoulder and Camden isn't fairing much better.

Stephen helps a half asleep Camden with our bags while I carry a fully sleep Bri. "I have to check on Genny." I whisper as we make our way inside.

"I'm sure she's okay, but if you need to I understand. I'll take care of Bri." Camden yawns as she reaches for her.

"Why don't you both have a nap? I'll lay her in our bed and you can get some rest, you were awake the whole flight." Camden nods and follows me up the stairs, "I'll be back soon." I kiss Bri's forehead and Camden's lips. I pause in the doorway and watch them snuggle. Camden doesn't normally like to snuggle when she is sleeping, but I can tell by her breathing she is already passed out. I smile at my girls before heading out to see my sister.

************

I knock on Genevieve's apartment door and wait for her to answer. I text her on the way here and let her know I was coming, but as I check my phone again I notice she hasn't read or responded to my text.

I'm a little shocked when the door opens and my secretary is standing there. I asked her to check on Gen Friday night and it's now late Monday morning.

"Kelly?" I tilt my head to the left and she laughs nervously.

"Mrs. Adams, how are you?"

"Tired. And confused?"

"Right. Umm we'll explain." Kelly steps to the side and let's me in. I see Gen snuggled up with a man I know to be Kelly's husband on the couch.

"Now please." I look to my trusted secretary.

"Lettie?" Gen jumps up and rushes to me. As I look down into her eyes I know she has slipped. I take a deep breath to calm down because it's not Genny's fault and I need to remember that. I kiss her head and pick her up before heading to her bedroom. I close the door and sit with her on her bed.

"Hi Genny." I smile warmly at her and I get a toothy grin back.

"I missed you." Genny chews on her fingers looking around, and I know she is nervous.

"I missed you, too. We got you a gift but Bri wants to give it to you so I was going to ask you to dinner." Genny nods and smiles at me again.

"Are you mad Lettie?"

"I'm not mad at you, sweetie. But I think we do have to have a talk." Genny nods. "Can you tell me what happened this weekend?"

"Kelly came to take care of me." Genny mumbled around her fingers.

"She did. I asked her to check on you because you were all alone." I rub her back gently trying to make her comfortable.

"Sparky was here." How could I forget her stuffed crocodile named Sparky. I don't know, why she named her that.

"Right. But no grown ups." I raised an eyebrow and Genny nods.

"I really like Kelly. She stayed with me all weekend and then yesterday we met Henry for breakfast and I really like him too." Genny smiles as she talks about them and I can't help but smile too. I don't know much about Kelly's personal life other than she's married and has been since before I hired her. No kids, but I believe she has a cat. I suppose she could be in the CG/L lifestyle and I wouldn't know.