Chapter 55

Scarlett's POV

It has been a week since the Thomas' left.

Briella was so upset that her friend was leaving. She cried for a long time, but we explained to her that we exchanged information and would stay in touch. It still didn't help much.

Briella didn't nap today, so I fed her dinner early and am currently soaking in the tub with her. I quickly wash her body and hair before pulling her to my chest. I snuggle my baby and cup water to rub down her back. She has been in headspace most of this week. If she wasn't working that is. I really struggled to keep her out of headspace to work on school.

Camden should be home by now and I think about texting her but I'll wait until Briella is asleep. I need to focus on her for now since she is being extra clingy.

Once the water starts to get cold, I carefully lift Briella and wrap us both in towels. I head to the nursery and get her ready for bed, not bothering to get dressed myself. I sit in the rocking chair and let my towel pool around my waist before leaning back. Briella latches on quickly and suckles loudly. I can't help my smile when I look down at her. My baby's eyes shine up at me with all the love and innocence.

Briella reaches up and starts playing with my necklace  before her hand wanders to my face. I let her have her fun with her exploration, the smile never leaving my face. Briella giggles around my breast as I pretend to eat her fingers, before her hand finds my other breast.

Briella's eyes start to flutter as I start patting her bum. I hold her to my chest as I rock slowly in the chair. Eventually, she releases my nipple and her thumb finds its way into her mouth. She feel asleep a while ago and I know I should put her in her crib, but she cried herself to sleep last night and I just want to hold her. I pull her thumb out of her mouth and replace it with her pacifier, shushing her when she stirs slightly.

I look at the clock and sigh. It's so early.

I guess I will make something for myself for dinner. I try not to be disappointed that Cammie is late but I can't help it. She works really hard, but the long hours are killing me. I miss my wife.

I quickly get dressed in some leggings and Camden's t-shirt, before heading downstairs. Only to stop dead in my tracks.

"Hi love." Camden's smiling face looks up at me.

"Hi?" I smile when Camden meets me half way up the stairs and gives me a soft kiss.

"Come here." Camden takes my hand and leads me to the dining room, which has been transformed, along with our living room, into a romantic hideaway.

The dining room is lit only with candles, with my favourite wine and my favourite take out on the table.

"Did you go to Tomasso's?" I turn to look at my wife and she smiles down at me. She never took off her heels and is still wearing the pantsuit I love, that makes her ass look even more amazing.

"Yes ma'am. Baked cheese tortellini, with chicken." Camden kisses my forehead and I close my eyes.

"Mmm. I love you."

"You talking to me baby? Or the food?" Camden smirks at me as she pulls me to the table and pulls my chair out for me.

My face feels hot and my heart is pounding in my chest. I love when she calls me baby. She doesn't do it very often.

"We will never know." I wink at her as she pours the wine and dishes out our pasta. Conversation flows as we get caught up in the last couple of weeks. Between me working on that deal, and then the reno, and Camden pulling a double this week we haven't had hardly any time alone.

After we put leftovers away, we take our wine glasses to the living room. There are more candles in here, but also twinkling lights.

"Are we watching a movie?" I ask Camden as she swings our hands between us.

"Not tonight." My wife smiles as she walks over to the corner of the room. I didn't even notice she brought out our old record player.

As soon as the first notes starts playing, and Camden starts walking towards me, I swoon.

"Dance with me, love." Camden whispers against my lips.

"Always." I smile against her lips and let my soft kiss linger as Camden place one hand in mine and one of my hip.

We sway gently as Camden starts whispering the lyrics in my ear.

Used to spend my nights out in a barroom
Liquor was the only love I've known
But you rescued me from reachin' for the bottom
And brought me back from being too far gone

You're as smooth as Tennessee whiskey
You're as sweet as strawberry wine
You're as warm as a glass of brandy
And honey, I stay stoned on your love all the time

I've looked for love in all the same old places
Found the bottom of a bottle's always dry
But when you poured out your heart I didn't waste it
'Cause there's nothing like your love to get me high

You're as smooth as Tennessee whiskey
You're as sweet as strawberry wine
You're as warm as a glass of brandy
And honey, I stay stoned on your love all the time

I hold back my tears and hide my face in my wife's neck leaving some soft kisses.

"I fall more in love with you everyday." I whisper and Camden tightens her hold on me.

"Me too, love."

We slow dance to a couple more songs before Camden pulls back making me pout at her.

"I have plans for us." The mischief in her eyes makes me laugh and shake my head at her. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go first or second, but I can't wait to have my hands on you." Camden blows out all the candles before taking my hand and leading me upstairs. I look at her, confused, but she never turns her head to me. When we make it to our room, Camden turns and smiles at me. "Take off your clothes."

She doesn't have to tell me twice. I quickly strip in front of her as her eyes rake over my body.

"On your stomach on the bed." I raise an eyebrow to her but obey none the less. Camden straddles my thighs before I feel warm liquid on my back, and my wife's strong hands starts massaging my tight muscles.

"Oh my god." I moan as Camden works on my back. She chuckles but stays hard a work as I relax under her touch.

"I missed you so much, love."

"I missed you too, babe. I love you."

"I love you more." I shake my head. I don't think it's possible to love anyone besides Briella, as much as I love Camden. It's a different kind of love, but just as intense.

I'm so happy.