Chapter 1

"Oh my, your son is still single? Isn't he already in his late 20's? Must have at least a girl he's dating right?", There were always these type of nosy females who just couldn't stop bothering about someone else's life.

Mikoto smiled awkwardly, "I tried to arrange some marriage meetings but he seems completely uninterested or just doesn't seem to like it", she answered honestly dispite her initial awkwardness.

"Huh, maybe he just doesn't like girls, he might be okay with guys, you never know", the female from their neighborhood commented thoughtfully.

"No way, he would've told so honestly if that was the case, he knows our family isn't the type to reject same gender relationships", Mikoto dismissed the idea with disbelief and light laughter.

"now, don't say that and just ask him once, this lady who I know in a different neighborhood has a son who came out in his late 20's too, she says he was too scared to say it before, even though he knew they might not be against it, he only came out because he couldn't take all the marriage meetings she was setting him up with, but now she's excitedly looking for guys instead to arrange more marriage meetings though, 'so that he doesn't end up with someone unworthy' she says, she's a little overprotective, that lady, but she's very nice! I mean, who else would look for a guy to arrange a marriage meeting for their son right after finding out their son's sexuality? Really, she's such a wonderful and supportive mother, don't you think? Oh my, I blabbered too much! I need to go now but don't forget to ask your son just in case he's just too scared to tell you, I'll see you around then, take care", she rushed off with a cheerful and polite smile, after blurting out all that she wanted to say.

"you too, take care! And thanks for the advice!!", Mikoto yelled at her walking away back and the ever jovial female waved at her with a smile as if to say it was not at all a big deal.

This female really did gossip a tad bit too much and was so nosy to top it off, but at times like these, you have to admit that it's a little bit admirable of her for seriously trying to think of a solution for someone else's problem.

Soon after the said female was completely out of her sight, Mikoto headed back to her own house as well.

As she walked on, her thoughts started to wander off too...

She did have a point, Sasuke might just be keeping it to himself cause he's unsure of how to say it aloud.

And it probably didn't help that we always asked him what type of girls he likes or if he has a girlfriend, he might have thought he's not allowed to have a boyfriend...

Oh my..!

Why didn't I realise this sooner..? Even though we always made it clear that we're not against same gender marriages, we never said anything that even remotely hinted that we're alright with it even if it's our own son..!

Oh no, oh no, has he been holding back all this time? I really need to ask him soon!

Mikoto's thoughts only made her more restless and worried. The more her thoughts wandered, the more anxious she became.

As soon as she reached home, she dumped all her shopping bags in the living room startling her older son, Itachi, who was watching a movie there.

She rushed off to see if her younger son was in his room, anxiously and nervously knocking on the door.

Itachi who had followed after her watched her from a distance, hidden away in a corner.

What did lil bro do now..?

He thought worriedly but curiously as well, whilst he waited to see what was up.

Inside the room, Sasuke who was taking a nap on his day off from work, got up ever so slowly and lazily moved to open the door to his room.