maybe just the touch of a hand

Start from the beginning

"No, this ain't happening. Not now. I only got my powers recently. And now it's like I've got a deeper connection to my music than I've ever had. I'm about to record the rest of my new album — I'm about to go on tour-"

"Izzy, your album can wait. This threat is real," Flash said.

"So is my big break," Izzy sternly told him, "Do you have any idea how hard I've had to work for this? I left my home. I lost friends and good men, and I have put up with more crap than you could imagine so that one day I would get my dream. And now you're telling me that some pint-sized lunatic is just gonna take it all away?"

"Which is exactly why we want you to stay here at STAR Labs," Supergirl said.

"Why? Are y'all gonna protect me or something?" Izzy asked.

"We're gonna train you," Flash said.

"We are?" Mon asked.
"We are?" Vibe asked.
"We are?" Elongated Man asked.

"Guys, her powers weakened DeVoe," Flash said before he looked back at Izzy, "Izzy, that makes you our best shot at stopping him."

"No, no, this — this is all too much. I don't even know who you people are," Izzy said.

"We don't have time for this," Flash said and Supergirl shot him a look.

"Don't you dare-" she started.

But Flash lifted up his cowl revealing himself behind the mask while Supergirl huffed annoyed. "Flash!" Iris snapped as well, but he didn't listen.

"You're the guy from before," Izzy realized.

"Yeah, Barry Allen," Barry said.

"You are too," Izzy said, pointing at Mon, then at Elongated Man, "And so are you, aren't you?"

"Yeah," he muttered before taking off his mask, "Ralph Dibny."

"I'm, uh, Cisco," Vibe muttered and Izzy looked back at him to find he had taken off his goggles, "Cisco Ramon. It's nice to meet you."

"Okay, thank you," Izzy muttered annoyed.

"I'm not telling her my identity," Supergirl stated.

"Look, look, I-I don't need training. Especially from you. All I need is my life back," Izzy said before she stormed off.

Ralph then sighed, "I don't know, guys. I kinda feel like if I just followed her into that hallway and just gave her one of those, Hey, look, inspirational talks, I could probably get her to stay," Ralph said and they all looked at him annoyed.

"Then what are you still doing here?" Cisco asked.

"Sorry, I don't know if you, like, drew straws for this stuff or something," Ralph said.

"No!" Mon exclaimed.
"Go!" Iris snapped.

"Okay!" Ralph muttered before he began to run after Izzy.

When he caught up with her, he found her in the corridor where the elevator was. "I'd watch out if were you. Sometimes killer robots come out of there,"

"Keep walking, Stretch," Izzy said, keeping her back to him, "I don't talk to creeps in dark hallways dressed in purple leather."

"It's actually, uh, more of a mauve," Ralph said and Izzy rolled her eyes, "And uh, I'm not a creep. Look, Izzy, I know how you're feeling. That day that you got your powers, I was on the same bus. So that evil chipmunk, she wants to kill me, too."

Confused, Izzy glanced back at him while he stepped on the side of her. "Please. I think I'd remember seeing you on my bus," she said.

"Actually I was kind of, uh, big boned back then. I was on a strict diet of gin, donuts and regret. But I got another shot at it. And I worked my tight butt off. And now I'm the hottest superhero in town," Ralph explained.