Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

There was no glory, no happiness, no sense of pride. It was all nightmares, trauma and hell. You never felt like you belong anymore, wether it be in the Capitol or in District 8.

Whilst she hated to admit it Darcie spent more time in the Capitol than she did at home. It was worse when she was younger, she had no say, no control, no opinion of what they did to her, and what they did was bad.

Not as bad as the games, nothing could be as bad at that, but bad enough to hurt Darcie and all the other victors who were too young to understand.

Being the youngest victor Darcie was the darling child of the Capitol, the angel, along with one Finnick Odair.

Darcie loathed him, he was annoying, stuck up, self absorbed and always there, always. As the pair were the youngest, for the first few years they were never apart, not by choice.

Finnick hated Darcie just as much as she hated him, he just had his own way of showing it. Darcie was frequently described as a 'rude' young woman and would be blatantly obvious about her hatred towards the man. Whereas Finnick found joy in teasing Darcie, riling her up for some entertainment.

The now 21, nearly 22, year old Darcie got ready as normal, skipping breakfast as always, and walked over to her brothers, and now sister-in-law's, house.

This year was the third Quarter Quell, and after the mess that was the 74th Hunger Games, Darcie could tell it was going to be a bad one.

Snow was mad, very mad, after both Katniss and Peeta won the games, as two victors was unheard of.

Snow hid his anger from the people but Darcie new, she new his every move and thought. She had studied him over the nine years since she had won and she had learnt more about him than anyone walked want to know.

Snow thought her to be sweet and cute. He saw her as an angel and treated her differently. It felt weird when she was younger, almost creepy, but Darcie soon realised he wanted the Capitol to see him in a good way, and used the youngest and 'most fragile' victor to do that.

"Turn the tv on." Darcie spoke as she entered the house, removing her scarf.

"Hello to you too sister." Harrison replied as he turned on the tv.

Darcie ignored his snark and sat down, "President Snow's announcement starts in a minute."

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The voice of snow came onto the tv, "This is the 75th year of the Hunger Games."

Daniella and Harrison sat down by Darcie, who had started to freeze up slightly from Snow's voice.

"And it was written into be charter of The Games that every 25 years, there would be a Quarter Quell to keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against The Capitol."

"Each Quarter Quell is distinguished by Games of a special significance. And now on this, the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the 3rd Quarter Quell as a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of The Capitol."

Harrison looked at Darcie's face as Snow spoke, she looked empty and serious, it broke his heart to see his baby sister so sad and numb.

"On this, the 3rd Quarter Quell Games, the male and female Tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of victors in each district."

Darcie's heart dropped.

"Not again." She mumbled, still staring at the screen, a tear falling from her eye, "No. No."

"Darcie." Daniella's voice broke.

She reached out her hand, in attempt to grab Darcie's, who pushed her off.

Darcie stood up, tears streaming from her eyes.

"I can't." She cried.

"Darcie it's okay." Daniella tried to calm Darcie down, struggling alone as Harrison sat in shock.

"No. No it isn't Daniella!" Darcie screamed, "Fuck him and fuck this! After all i've done - after it all. I'm not doing it again, fuck no."

"Darcie there's other female victors." Daniella said calmly, "Two others, you might not be picked."

"One in three chance of me going back to hell isn't exactly good!"

Daniella stepped forward in an attempt to hug Darcie but got rejected.

"No." She spoke, "Domt touch me. I don't want to - no, no."

It was silent for a moment, nobody spoke. Darcie looked at her brother, for something, any sign of reaction, but there was nothing. He was the same the day she was reaped, emotionless.

"Huxley." Darcie finally spoke in a lowered hush, "Huxley, he's the only one."

She walked out of the house with no other words.

Straight to her house, her bed, where she just cried.

✧ ✦ ✧

Georgia Speaks :
DARCIE IN CATCHING FIRE WILL SLAY.
honestly so excited to write her.