Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Nɪɴᴇ

✧    ✦    ✧

*.☽
| Aᴄʀᴀsɪᴀ |
━━━┛ Aᴄᴛ Oɴᴇ
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Nɪɴᴇ┗━━━

☽| Aᴄʀᴀsɪᴀ |  ━━━┛ Aᴄᴛ OɴᴇCʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Nɪɴᴇ┗━━━

"𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲!"

✧    ✦    ✧

"𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃." Darcie sighed as she looked up at the sky where the dead tributes were displayed, "Shouldn't more be dead, only one died today."

"The games are slow this year." Alexis replied, "They're going to have to do something soon."

"What do you mean?" Darcie asked.

"When the games are slow the game makers normally add something to speed it up, fire, animals, anything you can think of."

"Oh."

"And it's going to be difficult to escape it with Aramis' leg still as it is." Alexis stated, thinking back to when Darcie and her found Aramis by the tree two days ago.

Luckily they were given a sponsor but his leg still wasn't healed, meaning he had to rest a lot, like he was currently doing.

"We aren't leaving him." Darcie firmly said, glancing at the sleeping boy.

"I know, I didn't say that. We just have to work harder. We can leave in the morning, maybe get further away from the edge." Alexis replied, "Sleep, I'll keep watch."

✧ ✦ ✧

"Up! Darcie! Get up now!" Alexis shouted, waking up Darcie, as she had Aramis' arm slung around her shoulder, keeping him up, "We have to go, come."

Darcie scrambled up of the floor, grabbed her bag, containing all her stuff, and followed Alexis as she tried to walk as fast as she could while carrying most of Aramis' weight.

"What's happening?" She asked, pulling a knife from her bag.

"Remember what I said last night about the game makers interfering?" Darcie nodded, "Well it's happening."

"How do you know?"

"There's fire, not far away, and it's spreading through the jungle, so we have to get away." Alexis explained.

The three tributes trekked through the jungle, Darcie continuously looking back, each time seeing the fire spread faster.

It covered the trees, ground and the majority of the surroundings, the view looking like a fight between the orange of the fire and the grey of the smoke.